Liverpool Transfer News: Sneijder, Ince, Gomis And Diakite Discussed In Latest Speculation

  @JasonLeMiere on January 17 2013 4:53 PM
Tom Ince
Tom Ince has scored 13 goals and contributed 10 assists in 25 league appearances for Blackpool this season. Reuters

Liverpool’s attempts to bring Blackpool winger Tom Ince back to the Anfield could be prevented by the Championship club’s refusal to answer the Reds’ calls, according to the Daily Mirror.

Several weeks ago it appeared to be all-but certain that Ince, 20, would be rejoining the club that he left for just £250,000 18 months ago. But Blackpool rejected Liverpool’s initial bid and there is thought to have been no progress since. Swansea have also entered the frame in the past week by reportedly tabling a bid of £7 million.

The Mirror reports that Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston is choosing not to communicate with Liverpool in the hope that Ince will stay for the remainder of the season. It is claimed that a similar tactic was deployed to keep Charlie Adam at the club for another six months amid interest from Liverpool in 2011.

Key to the transfer could also be Ince’s desires. The England Under-21 international’s father, and former Liverpool and Manchester United midfielder Paul Ince, has said that there would be little point in Tom moving to a Premier League club and not playing.  

The other transfer saga that Liverpool have been linked to in the press concerns Internazionale’s Wesley Sneijder. The Dutch attacking midfielder is still mulling over an offer from Galatasaray as he reportedly awaits a move to the Premier League.

Liverpool are cited as an interested party, despite managing director Ian Ayre’s claims to the contrary.

Galatasaray have now spoken about the deal and revealed the amount of money involved in the cut-price deal.

“We'll wait another three or four days for Sneijder," said Galatasaray president Unal Aysal, according to Sky Sports.

"If the deal collapses, we have alternatives. The figures quoted in the media are wrong. Our deal with Inter is worth €7.5million (£6.2m).

"The player knows our proposal. Inter are now calculating things with him. Our offer for his wages is below €5.5million (£4.6m). It is also true that our coach Fatih Terim wants Sneijder—he is the first name on the list.

"I see no reason why the transfer should not go through. Even if it does collapse, it won't be the end of the world."

Sneijder said earlier this week that money will not be an important factor in his decision.

With Liverpool looking set to miss out on Molde defender Vegard Forren, manager Brendan Rodgers could now turn his attention to Lazio’s Modibo Diakite.

Liverpool have been strongly linked to the 25-year-old and the Daily Express has now reported that Diakite has turned down a contract extension in the hope that the Reds will make a move for him. Diakite’s current contract is set to expire this summer.

One player who appears to have no desire for a move is Lyon’s Bafetimbi Gomis. The France international is believed to be interesting Liverpool as well as Premier League rivals Chelsea and Newcastle.

Lyon have confirmed that they have received offers for the player who leads their scoring charts this season, but that he wants to stay put.

“We had offers for Gomis, but he refused," Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas told beIN Sport.

Gomis, 27, confirmed that he wants to remain with the Ligue 1 title challengers until at least the summer.

"I want to finish the season here but the club also has their say, let's wait and see,” he explained to Sky Sports. “Until the window closes there will be speculation.”

Join the Discussion