Liverpool could be set to reignite their interest in Barcelona forward David Villa in the face of Inter Milan’s desire to sign the Spain international next summer, according to TalkSport.

Villa returned from a broken leg at the beginning of this season, but has found his opportunities limited under new Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova and has started just one game to date. Liverpool has long been reported as a potential destination for the 30-year-old, although Inter have now identified him as one of their leading striking targets ahead of next season, according to Corriere dello Sport.

Given Villa’s age and the fact that his contract is due to expire in 2014, his potential transfer fee is likely to be affordable to Liverpool. However, whether his wage demands will be equally palatable to Liverpool’s American owners is more doubtful. There will also be an issue of whether Villa would join a club that is unlikely to be playing in the Champions League next season.

While an attempt to sign Villa would be optimistic on Liverpool’s part it is positively modest when compared with their reported interest in bringing his teammate Alexis Sanchez to Anfield.

The Chilean forward arrived at the Camp Nou during the summer of 2011 in a mammoth deal from Udinese. Although he has yet to establish himself as an ever present in the Barcelona side, TalkSport’s claim that Liverpool will try to sign Sanchez seems highly doubtful.

A more realistic target would appear to be Atletico Madrid’s Arda Turan. The attacking midfielder has started the season in fine form and is said to be on Brendan Rodgers’ radar. In fact, according to TalkSport, Liverpool sent scouts to watch the 25-year-old in action for Turkey against Romania in their World Cup qualifier last Friday.

Any attempt by Liverpool to sign Turan can only be helped by the fact that the former Galatasaray man has previously revealed that he is a fan of the Merseyside club.

Liverpool are also said to be one of a number of Premier League clubs interested in young Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha. The 19-year-old has been making a big mark in the Championship having registered four goals in his past two appearances. Arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester City, as well as Liverpool, have all been linked to the England Under-21 star in recent weeks.

However, Crystal Palace co-chairman Steve Parish has said that it would take a massive offer for the club to consider selling Zaha at this stage.

 “He is an extraordinary talent,” Parish told the South London Press.

“I said at the start of the season that keeping hold of Wilf would be like spending a lot of money on a transfer. Other sides can fly their kites but it would take £20m before we even got interested.

“He has got the lot, provided he keeps his feet on the ground and continues working so hard on his game—then it will all come.

“People would have to compensate us accordingly for losing his talent—that is what a transfer fee is.

“All the teams have got to understand that you get £60m in TV money if you get into the Premier League, which is where we want to get. So we’d need to be compensated for reducing our chances of getting there.”