Classes at Louisiana State University resumed Tuesday, a day after a bomb threat forced officials to evacuate the entire campus.
LSU Police Capt. Corey Lalonde told the media that no explosives were found.
Campus buildings were cleared for normal operations before midnight Monday, several hours after the threat was phone in to a local 911 around 10:32 a.m. CDT that day.
"All campus buildings have been returned to normal operations and the campus is now open for students, faculty and staff," Ernie Ballard, director of media relations, wrote in an email.
LSU is home to more than 30,000 students, faculty and staff. All classes and other scheduled campus-related activities were shut down after the East Baton Rouge Parish received the 911 call. Authorities conducted a building-by-building sweep of the campus - giving the all clear for the residence halls and dining halls first - before they full access was granted to the campus.
Continue Reading Below
Other colleges in Texas, North Dakota and Ohio received similar threats last week with no explosives found. Officials aren't sure as yet whether these threats are connect.
Louisiana State Police Capt. Doug Cain told the Associated Press that authorities are talking with their counterparts in the other states that received similar threats.