“Mad Max: Fury Road” director George Miller recently told fans that he will not return to direct any more sequels. However, even more recently, just after the film’s 2016 Oscar nominations were announced Thursday, the director said that he would absolutely return for another two stories.

Miller claims that he was misquoted and/or misunderstood in a recent interview with Page Six in which it looked an awful lot like he said he wouldn’t come back to direct another film in the franchise. His reasoning was reportedly because “Fury Road” was so very labor intensive.

“I won’t make more ‘Mad Max’ movies. ‘Fury Road’ with Charlize Theron, Zoe Kravitz, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Riley Keough was forever getting completed. If you finish one in a year, it’s considered a leap of faith. Start, stop, start again,” the director told the outlet Monday. “I’ve shot in Australia in a field of wild flowers and flat red earth when it rained heavily forever. We had to wait 18 months and every return to the U.S. was 27 hours. Those ‘Mad Maxes’ take forever. I won’t do those anymore.”

Despite the apparent finality to the director’s statements, he told the Wrap a different story Thursday.

“That was a completely garbled interview. I was in New York and it was so noisy and the journalist was asking me questions on a red carpet at the National Board of Review,” he said. “She completely got the wrong fragments of information that were just not true. I said no, [another ‘Mad Max’ movie] will not be next, and she took that to mean I never wanted to make another ‘Mad Max.’ It won’t necessarily be next, but I have two more stories.”

So, it seems the latest comments from the director confirm that he is in fact returning for another “Mad Max” sequel. While he claims that the movie's 10 Oscar nominations weren't what made him get on board for more movies, it certainly didn’t hurt. However, he did, and continues to, advise caution to fans that there may not be a quick turnover between now and the sequel.

As previously reported, the director told Deadline that he can’t necessarily confirm anything about the movie at this early stage in its development, including its working title, “Mad Max: Wasteland,” other than to say that the film will take awhile to hit theaters.

“The more I speculate about what’s happening, the more I try to avoid spoilers this far out, and also I find myself talking around in circles,” he said. “So the best thing I can say is that we’re definitely in discussion about making more of these, but the timing of it, I’m really not sure. Probably won’t be called ‘Wasteland.’ I can say that. It was just the working title we gave it.”

"Mad Max: Fury Road" was recognized with 10 nominations by the 2016 Academy Awards. Some of the categories the picture is nominated in include Best Picture, Best Directing and Best Cinematography.