- New York Art Galleries Paint Interns Into A Corner
August 08 2014 4:22 PM
New York’s swanky art world loves free labor. Why do job boards like New York Foundation for the Arts enable it?
- Racist Laser Show Wishes Obama A Sardonic 'Happy Birthday'
August 06 2014 2:24 PM
A Russian activist group mocked Barack Obama with a projection in which the president swallowed a banana.
- Centennial Of World War I Marked Across Europe
August 04 2014 1:27 PM
Poppies abound at commemorations marking the start of WWI on Aug. 4, 1914.
- Seized Jewels From Ex-Spy Chief Vladimiro Montesinos To Be Auctioned
July 26 2014 8:52 AM
Peru experts are expecting that the auction could raise at least $1 million from the sale of about 150 items.
- ‘Casablanca’ Piano Expected To Fetch 7-Figure Amount At New York Auction
July 22 2014 3:59 AM
The piano will be one of the highlights of 30 items from the classic World War II drama put up for sale by a private collector.
- Stolen Matisse Painting Returns To Venezuela
July 08 2014 1:17 AM
Henri Matisse's 1925 painting, which depicts a topless woman sitting in front of a wall, is reportedly worth $3 million.
- Rembrandt Self-Portrait Found To Be Authentic
June 10 2014 10:22 AM
A Rembrandt self-portrait has been declared an original work of the 17th-century painter.
- Massimo Vignelli, NYC Subway Map Designer, Dead At 83
May 27 2014 3:42 PM
Italian-born designer Massimo Vignelli, famous for redesigning the New York City subway map, died Tuesday in his Manhattan home. He was 83.
- The Day In Pictures [SLIDESHOW]
May 22 2014 7:58 AM
10 photos from around the world.
- Christie’s Art Sale In New York Rakes In Record Amount
May 14 2014 7:50 AM
The two-day sale brought in $879.5 million, the highest total in art-market history.
- $27M Monet Sale Belies Auction House's Bad Night
May 07 2014 9:57 AM
The Christie's auction of impressionist and modern paintings started strong, but major works brought millions less than projected.
- Fancy A Monet From China?
April 24 2014 11:26 AM
The village of Dafen produces more than 100,000 copycat paintings each year.
- New Warhol Artwork Pops Out Of 30-Year-Old Floppy Disks
April 24 2014 11:05 AM
New artwork belonging to pop artist Andy Warhol was found on floppy disks from 1985 thanks to a project led by Carnegie Mellon University's computer club.
- Chinese-American Artist Claims Ignorance After Being Charged In $33M Art Scam
April 23 2014 2:48 AM
Pei-Shen Qian claimed that he was “unfamiliar with the names” of the artists whose signatures he allegedly forged on paintings.
- Banksy Strikes Again: 2 Striking Murals Show Up In UK
April 14 2014 7:23 PM
In his two most recent pieces, Banksy comments on government surveillance and our increasingly technology-dependent lives.
- Coming To The Rescue In Detroit: Chinese Money
April 10 2014 4:00 PM
For Chinese investors, items in the Detroit Institute of Arts collection would be a point of national pride, not just portfolio pieces.
- 'Holy Grail' Of China's Art World Sold For Record $36M
April 09 2014 3:05 AM
The "chicken cup," which was sold to Shanghai collector, Liu Yiqian, would likely go on display in his Long Museum in Shanghai.
- Japanese Architect Wins 2014 Pritzker Prize
March 25 2014 1:54 AM
The architect is known for designing low-cost recyclable buildings for disaster victims using unconventional material.
- Animatronic Doll Performs ‘Disturbing’ Dance In New York City Art Gallery
March 24 2014 4:44 PM
An animatronic doll created by artist Jordan Wolfson has amassed a viral following.
- 2014 Sony World Photography Awards: The Winning Photos
March 19 2014 12:40 PM
The World Photography Organization announced the winners of the 2014 Sony World Photography Awards. Take a look at the winning shots here.