- Banksy Strikes Again: 2 Striking Murals Show Up In UK
April 14 2014 7:23 PM
In his two most recent pieces, Banksy comments on government surveillance and our increasingly technology-dependent lives.
- Coming To The Rescue In Detroit: Chinese Money
April 10 2014 4:00 PM
For Chinese investors, items in the Detroit Institute of Arts collection would be a point of national pride, not just portfolio pieces.
- 'Holy Grail' Of China's Art World Sold For Record $36M
April 09 2014 3:05 AM
The "chicken cup," which was sold to Shanghai collector, Liu Yiqian, would likely go on display in his Long Museum in Shanghai.
- Japanese Architect Wins 2014 Pritzker Prize
March 25 2014 1:54 AM
The architect is known for designing low-cost recyclable buildings for disaster victims using unconventional material.
- Animatronic Doll Performs ‘Disturbing’ Dance In New York City Art Gallery
March 24 2014 4:44 PM
An animatronic doll created by artist Jordan Wolfson has amassed a viral following.
- 2014 Sony World Photography Awards: The Winning Photos
March 19 2014 12:40 PM
The World Photography Organization announced the winners of the 2014 Sony World Photography Awards. Take a look at the winning shots here.
- Italian Government Angry With American Arms Manufacturer
March 10 2014 7:44 AM
Michelangelo’s David, at the Accademia museum in Florence, is considered a masterpiece of the Renaissance and was created in the early 1500s.
- Will Cuba's 100 Stolen Art Pieces Find Their Way Home?
March 04 2014 3:48 PM
Almost 100 works of art have been stolen from Havana's Art Museum. The FBI investigates, but mystery remains deep.
- Your 2014 Guide To Carnival Season
February 28 2014 5:19 AM
Gather all your feathers, strap on your samba outfit and prepare to earn some beads. Carnival season has arrived!
- Money Smugglers Develop A Taste For Art
February 21 2014 10:58 AM
Fine art has emerged as a surprisingly convenient channel for wealthy Chinese to send their illegal cash abroad.
- US ‘Facing An Imminent Clown Shortage’; Really?
February 18 2014 8:34 PM
Kids just don't want to clown around anymore, according to a new report that claims clowns are a dying breed.
- Miami Painter Breaks Ai WeiWei Vase Worth $1M
February 18 2014 4:39 AM
Maximo Caminero reportedly told the police that he was protesting against the museum because it failed to exhibit work by local artists.
- Behind The Smile: DNA Tests Aim To ID Mona Lisa
February 17 2014 6:11 PM
The head of an Italian investigation said Friday he expects results by May or June.
- Stunning Images From The World Press Photo Awards
February 17 2014 6:20 AM
Some 5,754 photographers submitted nearly 100,000 pictures to the World Press Photo Awards. According to the judges, these are the best.
- Radiohead Releases Alternate Reality App
February 12 2014 3:36 PM
Singer Thom Yorke said the app was born from the “imagery and the sounds from the song Bloom.”
- ‘Ghost’ Metro Stations In Paris Could Become .... Anything
February 11 2014 8:26 PM
Imagine heading deep below the streets of Paris for a dip in a pool, a gourmet meal or a subterranean ballet.
- Will The iPhone 6 Look Like This?
February 08 2014 2:07 PM
According to the designer, the bigger resolution of the screen would allow the icons on the Home screen to be reorganized.
- Stealing History: Stradivarius Violins And Art Crime
February 06 2014 7:06 PM
Only an estimated 650 Stradavarius instruments exist around the world. Most are in the multimillion dollar range.
- Google Launches Two Arts Initiatives
February 05 2014 12:50 PM
This week, the company added two initiatives to give artists a chance to use Google as a platform to show off their creations.
- Is This ‘Sky Whale’ The Future Of Air Travel?
January 19 2014 10:01 PM
The Sky Whale has got “self-healing wings,” “virtual reality windows” and room for up to 755 passengers across three levels.