- What One Millionaire Is Doing For Detroit
December 06 2013 11:04 AM
A judge mediating Detroit's bankruptcy is urging others to mirror the millionaire's action.
- Detroit’s Art Collection Becomes Main Exhibit In Bankruptcy Battle
December 04 2013 8:39 PM
The headline-making story of DIA's battle to keep its art, one of the finest collections in the country, is atypical on many fronts.
- Pianist Produces Instrument Based On Unbuilt Da Vinci Design [VIDEO]
November 21 2013 4:22 PM
Concert pianist Slawomir Zubrzycki built a strange, beautiful piano/violin hybrid he says is based on a design that Leonardo da Vinci never built.
- 5 Pointz Whitewashed Overnight: Graffiti Removed From NYC Landmark Ahead Of Demolition [PHOTOS]
November 19 2013 12:46 PM
The Queens street-art mecca 5 Pointz was painted white Monday night after unsuccessful bids to get an injunction to stop construction.
- Figurine Of Tutankhamun's Sister Stolen From Egyptian Museum
November 14 2013 8:16 PM
An international alert has been issued for the safe return of a statuette of Tutankhamun's sister, which was stolen from an Egyptian museum during riots in August.
- Lego Mural By ‘Malaysia’s Banksy’ Sparks Crime Debate
November 13 2013 9:07 PM
Ernest Zacharevic’s Lego mural, painted in the home of Asia’s only Legoland theme park, didn’t go over well with Malaysian authorities.
- Is One World Trade Center Really The Tallest Building In US?
November 12 2013 10:19 PM
CTBUH named One World Trade Center the tallest building in the U.S. Tuesday thanks to its spire, but it took a great deal of convincing.
- Cornelius Gurlitt's Nazi-Looted Art Collection Revealed
November 06 2013 11:05 AM
After the news of a treasure trove of Nazi-looted art was revealed, authorities are calling for a full list of the 1,500 paintings to be revealed.
- 12 Amazing Shots From 2013 Nikon Small World Photo Contest [PHOTOS]
October 30 2013 11:04 AM
Some of the most amazing things on Earth can only be seen in extreme close-up.
- Who Would You Pick To Replace Banksy In NY?
October 28 2013 6:28 PM
Banksy's month-long journey in New York City is nearing its end, and as we say goodbye to the "Better Out Than In" exhibit, it's time New York says "Hello" to a new street artist.
- Cardinal Shocks World By Tweeting Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day'
October 28 2013 11:39 AM
Gianfranco Ravasi, the Vatican's top culture official, was always known as open-minded. But this move goes beyond anything he's done so far.
- A Little Sun Shines A Big Light In The Developing World
October 25 2013 2:09 PM
Replacing kerosene lamps with solar-powered ones could improve health in the developing world.
- Gay Art School Student To Lose Virginity In Front Of Class
October 24 2013 7:41 PM
Clayton Pettet, a second-year art school student in London, will lose his virginity in front of 50 to 100 people
- Banksy's Monthlong NYC Exhibit Is On Day 19: See What He's Done So Far
October 19 2013 4:47 PM
There are supposedly several days left in Banksy's "Better Out Than In" exhibit, but the NYPD may stop him.
- NYPD Reportedly Looking For Banksy
October 17 2013 3:16 PM
The NYPD's Vandal Squad is reportedly looking for Banksy, the mysterious street artist staging a monthlong residency in NYC.
- Man Photographs Mother Having Sex For Art Exhibit
October 11 2013 3:55 PM
Photographer Leigh Ledare spent eight years taking sexually explicit pictures of his mother.
- Banksy's NYC Street Art Exhibition In Pictures
October 10 2013 11:13 PM
Graffiti artist Banksy has taken up shop in New York City in October, using the streets as a mural for his "Better Out Than In" exhibition.
- Graffiti Artist Banksy Possibly Unmasked In New Photo
October 09 2013 7:06 PM
A witness at the scene of British graffiti artist Banksy's latest installation in New York City claims he may have captured a photo of the elusive artist.
- 'Save 3rd Ward' Campaign Launched After Iconic Cultural Center Is Abruptly Shuttered
October 09 2013 6:26 PM
A group of 3rd Ward member artists are trying to save their studio spaces from foreclosure, but they are "not trying to bail Jason Goodman out."
- The World's Most Endangered Heritage Sites In 2013
October 09 2013 6:20 AM
Venice and the St. Louis Arch are among 67 endangered sites in 41 countries to make the 2014 World Monuments Watch List.