- Officials put out the alert about an "armed and dangerous person" on or near campus just before 9 a.m. EST.
- "Hey Reb!" replaced a Confederate-uniform-wearing wolf in the 1980s after protests from black student athletes at the university.
- As U.S. college students amass record levels of debt, now could be the time for income-share agreements to take hold as an alternative to private student loans.
- Michael Middleton, a black, retired law professor and deputy chancellor emeritus, said Thursday he planned to address activists' concerns.
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon said the resignation was "a necessary step toward healing and reconciliation."
- Although there are a record number of students learning at Britain's "public" institutions, they're not spread out evenly across the country.
- Many parents object to students learning about Islam in public school. But experts say there's a difference between teaching and preaching.
- But the Obama administration can't do much without congressional action.
- Net income in the past nine months totaled about $12.9 million.
- Free college doesn't always mean no debt, but it helps in some areas around the globe.
- The suspect was apprehended shortly after the incident.
- The average tuition and fees for an in-state student attending a public, four-year college averaged $9,410.
- The number of Muslim students being bullied and discriminated against by other students, teachers and administrators has risen, according to a new report.
- The college readiness test usually costs about $54, but New York City is making the test more widely available.
- The amount of graduates' debt was up 2 percent from the year before.
- Some of the awards require applicants to write an essay, film a YouTube video or sew a wool sweater.
- Some schools allow you to apply for free if you visit campus or submit your materials online.
- About 1,000 students signed a petition requesting the change last spring.
- The Obama administration is launching a pilot program to help students from low-income families pursue higher education through nontraditional programs.
- Yale's partnership with National University of Singapore has been criticized for perceived compromises on academic freedom.
- Investigations are on into a video that emerged online showing sexual misconduct by alleged members of the fraternity at the university.
- A recent study found that 37 percent of 812 school threats between August and December 2014 were sent electronically.