- The Middle-Class And The Death Of Culture
September 07 2012 11:10 AM
Culture in America is dead, largely because the middle-class does not care about such things.
- Whatever Became Of Accents?
August 24 2012 9:28 AM
Regional accents are vanishing across the U.S. and English-speaking world.
- Victoria Beckham's Olympics Performance Was Posh Indeed, But Was Her Label Gold Medal-Worthy? [PHOTO]
August 13 2012 4:12 PM
Victoria Beckham's performance with the Spice Girls at Sunday night's closing ceremony of the London Olympics had fans across the globe raving. But her fashion label's appearance in the exclusive British Fashion Hall of Fame portion of the show was another matter.
- Anna Piaggi, Iconic Fashion Maven, Dies at 81
August 07 2012 12:34 PM
On Tuesday, fashion writer, muse, style maven, and perpetual wearer of eccentric hats, Anna Piaggi, passed away at her home in Milan. She was 81.
- Indian Actress Poses Nude In Playboy: Hypocrisy From The Land of Kama Sutra
July 25 2012 12:18 PM
India has an extremely conservative attitude towards pornography and nudity – indeed, kissing is banned from Bollywood films, while couples who show affection in public are largely scorned and sometimes even spat upon and attacked.
- Is Living Barbie Valeria Lukyanova ?An Iconic Symbol? Of The Future? [PHOTOS]
May 16 2012 12:45 PM
Living Barbie Valeria Lukyanova, a 21-year-old Ukranian model, became an Internet sensation when photos of her doll-like appearance began circulating in the media. Some called her freakish; others called her crazy; but is she an iconic symbol of the future of Western society?
- Very Irrésistible Givenchy Electric Rose: The Scent for the Woman Who Knows Her Worth
April 18 2012 12:21 AM
For the woman who knows what she wants, works for what she needs, Parfums Givenchy made this new scent: the Givenchy Electric Rose, which simply reflects a woman's uniqueness shaped by time, driven by passions.
- Calvin Klein's Francisco Costa Creates Limited Edition Line for Macy's (PHOTOS)
April 04 2012 2:26 AM
Following the footsteps of fashion giants like Karl Lagerfeld and Giambattista Valli, fashion label Calvin Klein's Francisco Costa collaborated with retail brand Macy's to launch a limited edition Francisco Costa for Calvin Klein capsule dress line.
- Jewish Plastic Surgeon In Trouble For Making Fun Of Jews' 'Large Hooked' Noses
April 02 2012 4:24 AM
A Jewish plastic surgeon is facing the heat for creating and uploading a video on YouTube that makes fun of the physical traits of the Jews, especially their noses.
- Tereza Chlebovska Crowned Czech Miss 2012 (PHOTOS)
April 01 2012 3:34 AM
The seventh edition of the annual Czech Miss 2012 was held at the Karlin Musical Theatre, Prague, where 21-year-old Tereza Chlebovska was crowned the new winner by Italian actress Claudia Cardinale.
- H&M Confirms Reports Of New Store Chain Launch By 2013
March 30 2012 2:42 AM
Stockholm-based Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has confirmed the launch of a new chain store by 2013 after posting a 13 percent rise in sales during the period Dec.1 and Feb. 29, 2012.
- Claudia Schiffer’s Stunning Looks For 30th Anniversary Guess Campaign (PHOTOS)
March 29 2012 3:31 AM
Twenty-three years after Claudia Schiffer first modelled for American brand Guess, the supermodel returns to her modelling base looking as stunning and charismatic as she did for her first campaign.
- Christian Louboutin Retrospective Showcases 20 Years Of Design (PHOTOS)
March 28 2012 3:48 AM
From stilettos to lace-up boots, studded sneakers and bejewelled pumps, the Design Museum for the first time has presented a retrospective dedicated to the creations of iconic French shoe designer Christian Louboutin.
- Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective Highlights Fashion Icon’s Career
March 27 2012 5:01 AM
A selection of around 200 haute couture garments along with numerous photographs, drawings and films is being showcased at the Yves Saint Laurent exhibition at the Denver Art Museum (DAM).
- Richard’s Branson’s Virgin Atlantic Launches ‘Upper Class Red’ Lipstick (PHOTOS)
March 27 2012 4:54 AM
To match the red cabin crew uniforms, airline Virgin Atlantic is launching its first lip color coined Upper Class Red in collaboration with bareMinerals.
- Stephen Jones And V&A Museum Collaborate For Exclusive Millinery Display
March 26 2012 1:22 AM
From 1950s Balenciaga hat to Estee Lauder's turban, the Bard Graduate Center (BGC) in New York City is showcasing an exclusive millinery exhibition by master hat-maker Stephen Jones in collaboration with London's Victoria & Albert Museum.
- Kate Hudson Looks Stunning In Yellow For Ann Taylor 2012 Summer Campaign (PHOTOS)
March 24 2012 1:57 AM
Golden Globe winner Kate Hudson looked stunning and gorgeous for her second installment of fashion campaign for luxury American brand, Ann Taylor.
- Leading Fashion Designers Join CFDA-eBay Fight Against Counterfeits
March 22 2012 2:48 AM
Over 75 leading designers from the American fashion industry have joined the collaborative efforts by the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) and eBay to raise awareness and fight against counterfeits.
- Venus Williams To Relaunch And Showcase Fashion Label At Miami Tournament (PHOTOS)
March 21 2012 6:05 AM
Tennis star, Venus Williams is all set to relaunch her fashion label, EleVen at the Sony Ericsson Open tennis tournament in Miami after a break of four years.
- SJP, Alice Dellal And 100 Celebrities For Chanel's ‘The Little Black Jacket’ Project (VIDEO)
March 21 2012 3:26 AM
Around 100 celebrities, actors, singers and rock stars are taking part in the photo shoot for Karl Lagerfeld's and Carine Roitfeld's book project, The Little Black Jacket.