- 'Tailgating For Billionaires' A The Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance And Monterey Car Week
August 21 2012 5:53 AM
This past weekend's Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance and the Monterey Car Week brought out the world's top classic car collectors like Jay Leno, auction houses like RM Auctions and Gooding & Co. and luxury brands from Rolls-Royce to Ferrari to Lamborghini for a week of cars, money and society along California's Pacific coastline.
- Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible Review: Tiger In the Dining Room
August 10 2012 8:58 AM
The Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible embodies contradictions: British class and refinement contain the aggression and power of a tiger about to pounce. The Supersports Convertible strives to be perfect, and in most regards it is. Any review of a car of the Supersports Convertible's caliber has to focus on the details or limit itself to five short words: this is a great car.
- 2013 Porsche Boxster S Review: A Top Down Driver Fable for the Everyman
August 02 2012 12:28 PM
The 2013 Porsche Boxster S offers the most fun and best performance of any roadster for under $100,000.
- Cars, Cigars, Horses And Money: Conspicuous Consumption At The Saratoga Race Course
July 28 2012 1:21 PM
Big spending is alive and well at Saratoga, and it's part of why people keep coming back.
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage Review: A Road-Going Fighter Jet in a Tux
July 27 2012 2:11 PM
The 2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage is the coolest car on the road, a fighter-jet dressed up in a tuxedo.
- Chicago Gangster Al Capone's Armored V8 Cadillac At Auction
July 11 2012 12:17 PM
Al Capone's iconic bulletproof V8 Cadillac will be put on the auction block by RM Auctions in Plymouth, Mich. On July 28, in advance of the Concours d'Elegance of America, the famous gangster's green Caddy is expected to fetch upwards of $500,000, if recent history is taken as a guide.
- $31 Million Ferrari 250 GTO Crashed By Christopher Cox In France
July 10 2012 7:14 PM
American businessman Christopher Cox banged up a $31 million 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO in an accident near Le Mans, France, that left his wife with a broken leg, reports said Tuesday.
- Stunning New Aston Martin 310 Vanquish Fills Super Grand Tourer Niche [PHOTOS]
June 20 2012 6:13 PM
After much anticipation, storied British carmaker Aston Martin finally released its new flagship the AM 310 Vanquish, reviving the Vanquish name after an absence of years and securing a niche for the super grand tourer.
- 2012 Porsche Panamera S Hybrid Review: 100% Porsche But With Room For Four
June 14 2012 8:56 AM
Rarely do the words sports car and luggage go together in a sentence without the connecting phrase does not have enough room for. Well no more, because the 2012 Porsche Panamera S Hybrid is a genuine sports car, and it can in fact easily deal with some bags at the airport. Moreover, it succeeds in actually combining a sports car with hybrid technology without totally neutering the driving experience. Read our review to learn more.
- Soul of Sports Car, Hybrid Technology, Room For Groceries - Three Reasons to Love the 2012 Porsche Panamera S Hybrid: Review
June 13 2012 8:23 PM
Rarely do the words sports car and luggage go together in a sentence without the phrase does not have enough room for. No more. The 2012 Porsche Panamera S Hybrid succeeds in actually combining a sports car with hybrid technology without totally neutering the driving experience.
- 10 Best Driving Songs For Your Bentley Mulsanne ? Hip-Hop to Opera
May 04 2012 1:23 PM
A recent test drive of the Bentley Mulsanne proved that the powerful, elegant beast?s ?Naim for Bentley? sound system can shake your to the core. The Bentley Mulsanne?s 20 speaker, 2200 Watt sound system with eight dedicated Digital Signal Processing units makes the car a ready replacement for concert attendance.
- Bentley Mulsanne Review: A Bittersweet Test Drive of Elegant Perfection
May 04 2012 12:16 PM
The Bentley Mulsanne was parked across the street from our non-descript New York office tower. It gleamed in the sun, but nevertheless a Bentley employee was giving it one last spit and polish (although I'm sure that Bentley would never use spit to polish unless it came from a special Bentley tended pride of lions; it's just that lux).
- Merkel's Old Volkswagen Sold at Auction, Second Time Lucky
April 30 2012 4:14 PM
German Chancellor Angela Merkel's old Volkswagen wasn't worth the 130,000 euros ($172,100) bogus online bidders kited it to earlier this month, but the first woman chancellor's 1990 Golf finally went to the highest bidder on Monday for 10,165 euros.
- Lamborghini's SUV Urus Concept: The Brilliant Business Behind the Bull's Move
April 24 2012 2:37 PM
Much has been made over the new Lamborghini SUV Urus concept revealed the other day at the 2012 Beijing Motor Show, and it certainly is a striking concept that has fairly successfully merged two seemingly diametrically opposed design aesthetics, that of Lamborghini's low-slung, aggressive supercars and the beloved-by-footballers-and-rap-stars luxury SUV. And the merger makes good business as well as style sense.
- Victoria Beckham Turns Designer Hand to Cars
April 23 2012 4:17 PM
British fashion designer Victoria Beckham had her soccer-superstar husband David in mind when helping create a new special edition of Range Rover's off-road vehicle, the Evoque.
- GM Bets Big on Cadillac In Chinese Luxury Market, Expands Dealership Network
April 23 2012 11:36 AM
General Motors Co. will open 600 Chinese dealerships this year, chairman and CEO Dan Akerson said Monday.
- Lamborghini SUV 'Urus,' Price and Picture Revealed
April 19 2012 1:18 PM
Rumors have been swirling about a possible Lamborghini SUV called the Deimos, and all indications are that the company is out to build a bull of an SUV, but according to China Car Times, it will be called the Urus and make an appearance at the Beijing Auto Show later this month.
- Audi Will Buy Ducati for $1.2B: Sources
April 17 2012 10:44 AM
Volkswagen AG's luxury brand Audi is prepared to buy Italian superbike maker Ducati Motor Holding SpA for roughly €860 million ($1.12 billion) including debt, Reuters reported Tuesday.
- The Best Supercars of the New York Auto Show 2012, Part 2 [PHOTOS]
April 06 2012 2:56 PM
The New York International Auto Show 2012 features dozens of incredible cars, but none capture the heart, soul and imagination the way high-octane supercars do. From Spyker to the Bugatti Veyron, the McLaren MP4-12C to the 2013 Viper, the best supercars and sports cars of the New York Auto Show 2012 posed for us in all their shiny, sleek, unattainably fast and expensive glory.
- Shelby American Debuts Shelby 1000 at New York Auto Show 2012
April 05 2012 4:42 PM
No car company is known for packing sheer power into a car the way Shelby American is, and on its 50th anniversary, the company did not disappoint at the New York International Auto Show 2012 with its Thursday debut of its highest horsepower ever car, the new Shelby 1000.