National Beer Day is beer — sorry, I mean here — and it’s time to celebrate.
Observed April 7 each year, it’s a celebration of the beginning of the end of Prohibition in the U.S. That was the date in 1933 when the Cullen-Harrison Act went into effect under President Franklin Roosevelt. The law allowed beer and wine to be sold and consumed, as Forbes noted.
These days, alcohol is definitely legal. And Thursday, it’s even cheaper than usual. Here are a few retailers running deals on National Beer Day, as reported by Money Talks News, Slickdeals and others:
- BJ’s Brewhouse is offering $10 off any $35 purchase through April 17 with this coupon.
- At Grand Central Terminal in New York, multiple restaurants are running deals: Central Market New York will discount any beer $1 between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. EDT; Shake Shack will furnish $3 ShackMeister Ales with either burger or frozen custard concrete purchases; and Tri Tip Grill will provide customers $2 tall cans on tabs of $7.99 or more.
- Get a free draft beer with any food purchase from noon to 6 p.m. EDT at Hyde Beach Kitchen + Cocktails in Hallandale Beach, Florida.
- At Two Brothers Tap House & Brewery in Scottsdale, Arizona, customers can test a new beer for free.
- Beef O’Brady’s in Oviedo, Florida, is offering free beer and other specials all day long.
- Snag $4 craft pints and free cups at Loggerhead’s Beach Grill in Folly Beach, South Carolina, between 2 p.m. and 9 p.m. EDT.
- At Joe’s Liquor Bar in Rock Springs, Wyoming, all domestic beers are $2.50, while patrons also can score free beer swag.
- WearYourBeer.com is offering its merchandise at discounts of as much as 70 percent.
- Download a beer coupon from Tamarack Tap Room in Woodbury, Minnesota, and get a free beer with any food purchase.
- Stop by Donnelly’s Public House in Fairport, New York, for a tasting from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. EDT.
- Chop Chicago is taking half off the prices of all beers Thursday.
- Nab $1 Yuengling drafts at four Ford’s Garage locations in Florida, as well as two-for-one craft bottles.
- Southerleigh at the Pearl in San Antonio, Texas, will discount its beer flights to $5 for four samples and $8 for eight between 11 a.m. and midnight local time.
- Northern Brewers’ homebrew starter kit is $60 off online.
- KegWorks is taking 20 percent off bottle openers and cap catchers through next week via its online store.
- If your name is “Beer,” or something close to it, you can get a free burger at the Office Tavern Grill in Morristown, New Jersey.