Nothing screams summer like a delectable hot dog and thanks to National Hot Dog Day, there are some freebies and discounts out there for frankfurter lovers to take advantage of. Even though the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council selected July 14 as the “holiday” this year, most restaurants are celebrating it on Saturday, July 23, which is when it took place last year. Continue reading to find out where you can get a wiener for less:
1. Burger King: Customers can purchase a Classic Grilled Dog or a Chili Cheese Grilled Dog for $1 Saturday. "Nothing says summertime more than a grilled hot dog," Alex Macedo, president of Burger King North America, said in a statement. "So we're kicking off National Hot Dog Day with a bang for just a buck, giving everyone a new reason to come in and try Grilled Dogs if they haven't already."
2. 7-Eleven: Its Quarter Pound Big Bite will retail for $1.
3. Beer Park in Las Vegas: No free hot dogs here, but when customers purchase a frankfurter they will receive a complimentary Budweiser Signature Draught.
4. Ben’s Soft Pretzels: Buy one Pretzel Dog, for the month of July. Plus, customers can enter online for a chance to win a 12 free Pretzel Dogs. The only kicker is you have to be a member of their loyalty program.
5. Dog Haus: Hot Dog Sliders and Corn Dog Sliders sell for $1.
6. Nathan's Famous: When you buy one hot dog at regular price, you will get the second for 5-cents. This is only at participating locations.
7. Hwy 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries: Their fire engine red hot dogs will sell for $1.
8. Philly Pretzel Factory: Get a Pretzel Dog for $1 at participating locations.
9. Wayback Burgers: Two Classic Dogs will sell for for $5 at participating locations.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella