It takes a lot of hard work and luck to make it in Hollywood, so it’s surprising any time one person manages to get famous. However, it seems talent isn’t hard to find in some families. These siblings all have managed to become successful in the entertainment industry. Since April 10 is National Siblings Day, it seems like a great time to recognize some of our favorite celebrity brothers and sisters.
1. Chris Hemsworth, Liam Hemsworth and Luke Hemsworth — These Australian brothers have plenty of success to celebrate. Liam wrapped up his work on the “Hunger Games” franchise late last year while Chris will start work on the third “Thor” film soon. But not every Hemsworth has a franchise. Their brother Luke isn’t quite as famous, but he can be seen in HBO’s upcoming “Westworld” series.
2. Kate Mara and Rooney Mara — These actresses reminded audiences they were related during awards season when they attended the Screen Actors Guild Awards together in Valentino dresses. The Mara sisters were in separate, successful projects last year, but they didn’t take home many statues. Kate’s film, “The Martian,” and Rooney’s movie, “Carol,” were both up for several Oscars, but neither sister’s film won in any categories.
3. Emily Deschanel and Zooey Deschanel — Fox has not one but two prime-time shows led by members of this family. Zooey stars in the comedy “New Girl” while Emily leads the drama “Bones.” The sisters also had to take time off from those jobs around the same time. They gave birth two months apart from each other in 2015 (Emily, the older sister, gave birth in June while Zooey’s time came in August).
4. Marlon Wayans and Shawn Wayans — These hilarious brothers have both a personal and professional relationship. “Scary Movie,” “White Chicks” and “Littleman” are just a few of the titles in which they’ve costarred.
5. Mary-Kate Olsen, Ashley Olsen and Elizabeth Olsen — Though the former “Full House” stars left acting for fashion, Elizabeth followed in her sisters’ footsteps. Unlike her older siblings, she decided to focus on drama. She plays Scarlet Witch in “Captain America: Civil War” and Audrey Williams in “I Saw The Light.”
Elizabeth is the younger sister of twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who became famous as TV and movie stars. pic.twitter.com/JnLKxZNi1R
— ISawTheLight (@ISawTheLightRu) November 7, 2014
6. Ariana Grande and Frankie Grande — The “Dangerous Woman” singer shares a mother with the former “Big Brother” contestant. Though the two have more than a decade between them, they still find ways to bond. Ariana and Frankie even share a unisex fragrance, Frankie by Ariana Grande.
7. Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian, Khloé Kardashian, Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner — It’s impossible to ignore reality TV’s most famous family when talking about celebrity siblings. The “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” stars have created a business empire after airing their family’s antics on national television.
8. Raini Rodriguez and Rico Rodriguez — These siblings started their comedy careers early. Raini, 22, has been on “Austin and Ally” for five years while Rico, 17, has been on “Modern Family” for seven years.
Who are your favorite celebrity siblings? Sound off in the comments section below!