Raise your glass because May 25 is National Wine Day! There’s nothing better than a glass of wine and a good TV show, so obviously a few wine-loving TV characters come to mind today. These fictional characters would definitely be drinking an extra glass to celebrate in 2016.
1. Olivia Pope, “Scandal” — Of course, this list has to start with Olivia (Kerry Washington). Her love for vino on the ABC drama has become one of the most iconic attributes of her “Scandal” character.
2. Alicia Florrick, “The Good Wife” — Over seven seasons of the CBS show, fans got used to seeing Alicia (Julianna Margulies) with a glass of red wine in her hand.
3. Cersei Lannister, “Game of Thrones” — Even Jamie (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) noticed how much wine Cersei (Lena Headey) was downing in Season 4 of “GoT.” After losing most of her power, Cersei is sure to be downing more wine in Season 6 on HBO.
4. Tyrion Lannister, “Game of Thrones” — The Lannister family might want to consider the idea that they have a problem. Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) is also a wine enthusiast.
5. Claire Underwood, “House of Cards” — Working in politics isn’t easy, so it’s not surprising that Claire (Robin Wright) kicks back with a glass of vino on the Netflix program.
6. Carrie Mathison, “Homeland” — As Olivia Pope and Claire Underwood taught us, working for the government requires copious amounts of alcohol. Carrie (Claire Danes) doesn’t always stick to wine, but she does seem to enjoy it.
7. Tami Taylor, “Friday Night Lights” — Parenting basically all of Dillon, Texas, is a tough job, and Tami (Connie Britton) was always entitled to indulge in a nighttime glass of white wine after a long day. Her white wine became so iconic that Amy Schumer parodied her four years after the drama ended.
8. Lindsay Jillian, “You’re the Worst”—Everyone on this comedy loves alcohol, but Lindsay (Kether Donohue) seems to be the one drinking wine most often.
9. Hannibal Lecter, “Hannibal”— Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen) liked a glass of red ... at least, we think he did. Knowing his preference for meat, it could’ve easily been a glass of blood.
Which TV characters are your favorite wine drinkers? Sound off in the comments section below!