Fox’s “New Girl” returns Tuesday, Sept. 16, with all new episodes. Though Zooey Deschanel’s co-stars, like Jake Johnson (who starred in August’s “Let’s Be Cops”) and Max Greenfield (March’s “Veronica Mars”), are becoming stars in their own right, the whole gang is back for a fourth season of the quirky comedy.
Since premiering in 2011, “New Girl” has turned the heads of fans and critics alike with Deschanel’s trademark quirky- girl comedy as the show’s lead and the strong ensemble of hilarious men around her (Johnson, Greenfield, and Lamorne Morris). The show has done well balancing its oddball humor with lovable onscreen relationships between many of its leads, returning for the new season as popular as ever.
Here are 11 things you need to know before the Sept. 16 premiere of “New Girl”:
1. Nick and Jess -- Everyone’s favorite “New Girl” relationship, Nick and Jess, ended in Season 3 and fans shouldn’t expect that to change anytime soon. The writers say they are looking forward to using Nick and Jess’ new situation as roommates/exes as the basis for many funny episodes in the new season, and that the characters need to figure themselves out before they can get back together again.
2. Schmidt and Cece -- Cece was with Buster at the end of Season 3, but that did not stop Schmidt from trying to win her back in the season finale. After confessing his love to her, again, expect Schmidt to keep pursuing Cece in the new episodes.
3. Coach Here To Stay -- Frequent guest star Damon Wayans Jr., who plays former roommate Coach, will return in Season 4 -- but this time as a series regular! It seems the “New Girl” friendship circle has permanently expanded by one.
4. Wedding Crashers -- The premiere episode takes place at a wedding and although they aren’t crashing it, the “New Girl” gang makes a pact that each will get lucky by the end of the night. The synopsis for episode 1 teases an “indecent proposal” for Nick and Schmidt, while Coach realizes he’s slept with every girl there already. However, Jess’ storyline is the one sure to get fans most excited.
5. The “Other” Jess -- The premiere episode features a guest star appearance by none other than Jessica Biel. Biel will play a hot science teacher who sets her sights on the same guy at the wedding, setting up a showdown between each Jess. But who is the lucky guy?
6. Reid Scott -- Reid Scott, who plays Dan on HBO’s “Veep,” will play another Dan in the premiere episode of “New Girl.” Far from the smug adviser he plays on “Veep,” this Dan will be the attractive best man in the wedding and the object of Deschanel and Biel’s attention.
Watch the sneak peak for the premiere episode below:
7. Daddy Issues -- Fans might not expect another new romance coming in Season 4, courtesy of guest star Kaitlin Olson. Olson (“It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”) will play the very young fiancée of Jess’ father (Rob Reiner), but the catch is she is also Jess and Cece’s old high school nemesis. Sparks are sure to fly when this episode airs.
8. A Tiny Problem -- Another guest star in Season 4 will be Alan Ritchson (“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”) who will play a love interest of Jess’ she meets in a bar. However, it seems Ritchson’s character might be a little underwhelming in a certain area when things get hot and heavy.
9. Hot For Teacher -- Julian Morris will guest star as the teacher filling Jess’ old job. Things will get complicated when she develops feelings for the “Once Upon a Time” star.
10. Erinn Hayes -- In the same episode as Julian Morris’ guest appearance, “Children’s Hospital” star Erinn Hayes will guest as Jess’ Vice Principal. Things will take a hilarious turn when Jess finds out that Coach has the hots for her.
11. Young Winston -- Season 4 will feature an appearance via flashback of a young Winston! There are not many details on the appearance yet other than the casting announcement of child actor Jordan Fuller, but who doesn’t want to see a young Winston?
"New Girl" premieres Tuesday, Sept. 16, at 9 p.m. EDT on FOX. Are you excited for “New Girl” to come back? Tweet your thoughts to @Ja9GarofaloTV.