Police have arrested a homeless man accused of pushing a Korean father onto a New York subway track where he was fatally struck by a train, the New York Daily News reports.

Naeem Davis, 30, was detained Wednesday after a bus worker alerted police that Davis was standing less than a block away from the site of a fatal attack on Ki-Suk Han, a 58-year-old married father from Queens. 

Once in police custody, Davis reportedly confessed to the crime and was charged with second-degree murder.

Investigators told the New York Daily News that Davis showed little remorse in his confession, even stating that he remained in the station to watch Han die. Davis reportedly told police that he and Han got into a verbal confrontation, and that Han wouldn't back down.

The New York Post reports that sources say the two bumped into each other entering a subway turnstile and continued arguing as they entered the train platform. 

“He wouldn’t leave me alone, so I pushed him,” Davis reportedly told investigators. “I saw him get hit by the train.”

Davis said he verbally attempt to shoo Han away from him.  Meanwhile, witnesses said right as a train approached, Han was launched onto the tracks, leaving him virtually helpless, according to multiple news reports. Onlookers said they yelled at him to lie under the train, and a photographer snapped photos with his camera, he claimed, to try and get the motorman's attention. Some onlookers said they waved at the train to stop, and claimed they were too far away to haul Han to safety during the short time period between his launch and when the train made contact with him.

Han was taken to St. Luke's Hospital, where he later passed away. 

According to the New York Times, Davis worked odd jobs in the Midtown Manhattan area, earning around $40 a day, helping local vendors haul their carts and tables to garages.

The New York Post reports Davis has prior arrests, mostly for petty crimes, like peddling and sleeping on park benches.

Han, a Korean immigrant, leaves behind a wife and a child in Queens. He was reportedly on his way to pick up a Korean passport at the time of the incident.

Police reportedly found a bottle of vodka on him following his death. They are said to be investigating whether alcohol played a role in the incident, according to several media reports.