According to a home listing report by Coldwell Banker, the most affordable housing market in the United States is none other than picturesque Niagara Falls, N.Y.
Coldwell Banker made that determination based on the average listing prices of four-bedroom, two-bathroom homes listed on ColdwellBanker.com. All qualifying listings between September 2010 and March 2011 were used in the study.
Niagara Falls posted an average cost of $60,820 for such a home. Riverdale, Ga., is a close second place, with an average cost of $61,618.
Here is the entire list of the ten most affordable housing markets in the Unites States:
- Niagara Falls, New York ($60,820)
- Riverdale, Georgia ($61,618)
- Coolidge, Arizona ($69,083)
- College Park, Georgia ($72,477)
- Detroit, Michigan ($73,363)
- Hastings, Florida ($74,910)
- Cleveland, Ohio ($76,042)
- Lithonia, Georgia ($77,385)
- Trotwood, Ohio ($77,445)
- Sioux City, Iowa ($80,152)
Follow Matthew Rocco on Twitter at @MatthewRocco