The Opel Trust, the German body which has been responsible for Opel since June, said on Saturday it has not made any decisions yet regarding the takeover offers for the carmaker.
The Opel Trust today announced that neither the Trust nor its members have taken any pre-decisions regarding the takeover proposals for Opel, according to a statement.
It said General Motors , Opel's parent, has so far neither made a recommendation nor submitted a request for the Trust's decision.
The Trust, which holds 65 percent of Opel shares, has been overseeing the fate of the carmaker since GM went into bankruptcy in June.
It said on Saturday that General Motors, which holds 35 percent of Opel, has decided to continue negotiations only with Magna and RHJ International .
Magna and RHJ submitted their offer documents to GM on July 20.
The Trust's board is comprised of two GM representatives and two for Germany -- one for the national government and a delegate for the four federal states in which Opel has a plant. A fifth neutral board member has no vote.
(Reporting by Marilyn Gerlach; editing by James Jukwey)