The Paris Wife by Paula McLain tops the latest hardcover bestseller fiction list released by IndieBound today. The 336-page novel from Ballantine Books tells the story of the love affair between Ernest Hemingway and his wife Hadley in Jazz Age Paris.
Here are the other books in the top 10 on the list, which is based on sales from hundreds of independent bookstores across the nation for the week ending June 5:
2) Caleb's Crossing, by Geraldine Brooks
3) The Snowman, by Jo Nesbø
4) Dreams of Joy, by Lisa See
5) The Tiger's Wife, by Tea Obreht
6) The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, by Stieg Larsson
7) The Land of Painted Caves, by Jean M. Auel
8) She Walks in Beauty, edited by Caroline Kennedy
9) Dead Reckoning, by Charlaine Harris
10) Doc, by Maria Doria Russell
The top hardcover nonfiction bestseller is In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin (Crown, 464 pages, $26), a novel by Erik Larson set in Berlin in the early years of Hitler's rule.
Here are the other bestsellers from the list:
2) The Greater Journey, by David McCullough
3) Bossypants, by Tina Fey
4) Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand
5) Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me, by Chelsea Handler, and her family, friends, and other victims
6) The Social Animal, by David Brooks
7) Incognito, by David Eagleman
8) Seal Team Six, by Howard E. Wasdin and Stephen Templin
9) Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? by Steven Tyler
For more, go to the IndieBound website.