There's nothing like tailgating all day with a cold beer or spending your night in a dark bar near campus. If you agree, you need to check out these colleges.
In ranking the 381 Best Colleges for its 25th annual book on school rankings, the Princeton Review named the University of Wisconsin-Madison its No. 1 party school. The Badgers haven't received the honor since 2005, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.
"You won’t find a more friendly place to be as attendees share brats, offer up beers, and join in singing some of our most memorable chants — all before the game even begins," the Associated Press quoted one survey respondent saying.
In second place was West Virginia University, where one student on Unigo described a typical weekend to be like "Party, party, party, let's all get wasted." Plus, near WVU is Fat Daddy's, which set the world bar record for the most Fireball shots taken in one night a few years ago.
Here's the full party school list:
- University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin
- West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia,
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in Champaign, Illinois
- Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
- University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa
- University of Mississippi in University, Mississippi
- Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York
- Tulane University in New Orleans
- Colgate University in Hamilton, New York
- University of California - Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara, California
- University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware
- University of Rhode Island in Kingston, Rhode Island
- Wake Forest University in Winston Salem, North Carolina
- College of Charleston in Charleston, South Carolina
- University of Maine in Orono, Maine
- University of Vermont in Burlington, Vermont
- University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida
- University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado
- Florida State University in Tallahassee
Not quite what you're looking for? The Princeton Review also identified a few schools more aligned with the ideals of "Scotch and Soda, Hold the Scotch." Among them are Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah; College of the Ozarks in Point Lookout, Missouri; and Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois.