“Fast & Furious 7” will resume production with Paul Walker’s brothers, Cody and Caleb, who have agreed to fill in for the late actor in order to complete scenes of the upcoming film, according to a statement released on the film’s Facebook page Tuesday.
The “Fast & Furious” actor's death in a car crash on Nov. 30 in Santa Clarita, Calif., came during a break in the shooting of the latest film in the franchise, leading to a temporary halt in production.
"The FAST & FURIOUS saga is about family," Universal Studios said in the statement. "The characters are connected by the bond of family, and it is how all of us who have worked together for more than thirteen years feel about each other. It certainly defines how we feel about our fans." The studio added that the production on the film has resumed along with the two brothers.
"We are just under a year away from the release of FAST & FURIOUS 7, and this film is the most important we've ever done together," the studio concluded. "It will allow the character of Brian O'Conner to live on and let us celebrate Paul in his most defining role."
O'Conner's character will be retiring in the seventh installment of the “Fast & Furious” series, which is being directed by James Wan. The late actor "had already shot his dramatic scenes and most of his action for FAST & FURIOUS 7, and it's among the strongest work of his career," the studio said.
Continue Reading Below
The movie's release, which was due this year, has been moved to April 2015. Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jason Statham, Ludacris and Tyrese Gibson are among the returning cast members.
“Brick Mansions,” which is Walker’s last fully-completed movie, is slated to release on April 25.