The entertainment world gave a collective “aw” when “Fast and the Furious” star Vin Diesel named his baby girl Pauline after Paul Walker -- the franchise's lead actor who died in a fiery car wreck in late 2013. Eighteen months later, Diesel said he felt like Walker was in the room when his daughter was born, and knew naming her after his close friend and co-star was the right thing to do.
"There's no other person that I was thinking about as I was cutting this umbilical cord. I just ... knew he was there. ... It felt like, you know, a way to keep his memory a part of my family and a part of my world,” Diesel said on "Today" show”Monday.
In honor of Pauline Diesel -- who has the most famous celebrity baby name at the moment -- some of the quirkiest and most unique baby names have been shared below.
1. North West -- It started out as just a rumor, but when Kim Kardashian and Kanye West were told naming their daughter “North” was a brilliant idea, the couple decided to make the rumor a reality. Kardashian thought about dropping “West” as the baby’s last name, but eventually opted not to.
2. Blue Ivy Carter -- Jay Z and Beyoncé have long been rumored to be part of the Illuminati, so when they named their daughter Blue Ivy, speculation among conspiracy theorists spiked. Blue Ivy backwards is “Eulb Yvi,” which is Latin for “Lucifer’s daughter.” Neither Jay Z nor Beyoncé has admitted to being a part of the cult. The couple said they named their child “Blue” because it’s the rapper’s favorite color and “Ivy” because it stands for “four” in roman numerals -- a number the couple find significant.
3. Royal Reign -- Lil’ Kim and Mr. Papers gave their baby a name that would give Prince George of Cambridge a run for his money. While some fans weren’t pleased with the name of the little girl, others argued it was the perfect fit for a daughter born to the “Queen Bee.”
4. Reign Aston Disick -- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick chose “Reign” for their baby. The couple, who already share children Mason Dash and Penelope Scotland, might be paying homage to Disick’s purchased British title.
5. James Reynolds -- James is a traditional name, except when it’s used for a girl. It was rumored Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively named their daughter Lavender, but the actor confirmed “James” was the baby's name in an appearance on “The Today Show.”
6. Wyatt Isabelle Kutcher -- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher followed a similar trend, and named their daughter Wyatt.
7. Summer Rain Rutler -- Christina Aguilera and Matthew Rutler were inspired by nature when their daughter was born.
8. River Rose Blackstock -- Kelly Clarkson followed two celebrity baby name trends when her daughter was born. She chose a gender-neutral name that was influenced by the outdoors.
9. Saint Lazslo Wentz -- Fall Out Boy guitarist Pete Wentz was inspired by the heavens when his son with Meagan Camper was born. The FOB star revealed they chose the name Saint because the baby was a saint for waiting until Wentz came home from tour to be born.
10. Esmerelda Amanda Gosling -- Millions of fans were forlorn to discover Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes had conceived a child -- this meant things between him and “Notebook” co-star Rachel McAdams were officially over -- but even more were shocked to discover they gave their daughter a relatively common name by celebrity standards.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella