“Person of Interest” returns to CBS for its fourth season on Tuesday, Sept. 23. The hit crime drama, which premiered in 2011, revolves around former CIA agent John Reese (Jim Caviezel) and billionaire Harold Finch (Michael Emerson) as they attempt to prevent crimes using a special software to help identify criminals. The Season 3 finale provided the ultimate twist -- setting up Finch, Reese, Shaw (Sarah Shahi ) and Root (Amy Acker) with new identities as the Library was destroyed. So, where does that leave fans in Season 4? We’re breaking down Season 4 with 8 things to know before the Sept. 23 premiere of “Person of Interest”:
1. Time Jump -- According to TV Line, “Person of Interest” will pick up about six weeks after the events in the Season 3 finale.
2. Episode 1 Synopsis --The Season 4 premiere of “Person of Interest” will kick off with the team attempting to adapt to their new lives. Unfortunately a pull to their former lives will threaten their future. The synopsis for episode 1, “Panopticon,” teases that “some find it hard to ignore The Machine’s numbers, which puts them all at risk of being detected by Samaritan.
3. Identity Struggle -- Not everyone will like their new identities. Executive producer Greg Plageman teased that both Reese and Shaw will struggle with their new lives, explaining that Reese “enjoys the anonymity of being ‘the man in the suit.’” Finch, on the other hand, seems to prefer the career change.
“Finch has come to a place of doubting the intentions of his creation,” executive producer Jonathan Nolan revealed to TV Guide. “Finch has been much more measured in his belief of what his creation is doing. He’s a lot more conflicted about it and that conflict will continue.”
4. New Love -- Fusco (Kevin Chapman) is getting a love interest! “Person of Interest” fans can look forward to a dating coach assisting Fusco on his “game.” Whether or not that works out for him remains to be seen, but the CBS show guarantees that he’ll be getting a “sexy new partner” this season.
5. Guest Stars -- Get ready to welcome Jason Ritter (“Parenthood”) to “Person of Interest.” IGN is reporting that Ritter will guest star as a “whip-smart, political Wunderkind.”
6. Murder -- Someone isn’t going to make it out of Season 4 alive. The “Person of Interest” Twitter account posted the following deadly message:
"How we keep it fresh is we kill people. I I have to call an actor tomorrow to let them know…"-G. Plageman on #POI staying interesting in S4
— Person Of Interest (@PersonInterest) September 22, 2014
7. Recap -- Refresh your memory before the Season 4 premiere with this “Ultimate Look Back” video:
8. Premiere Sneak Peek -- “Person of Interest” fans can get a first look at Season 4 with this sneak peek video:
“Person of Interest” Season 4 will premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 23, at 10 p.m. EDT. What are you looking forward to seeing unfold? Tweet your thoughts to @AmandaTVScoop.