Sales on Presidents Day don’t have the prominence of those on Black Friday, but shoppers can still snag tons of sweet deals on apparel, appliances, cars, electronics, furniture, mattresses and more. Here’s a roundup of the best markdowns either on or around Monday that’ll keep you from breaking into the piggy bank.
Apparel. Fashionistas won’t have buyer’s remorse when they shop with these amazing deals on shoes, clothing and accessories this Presidents Day.
● Aeropostale: Use the code FACTORY10 to get an extra 70 percent off, plus an extra 10 percent off your entire online order through Feb. 17.
● Amazon.com: Save 20 percent when you shop for clothing, shoes and more online via Amazon. Use the code SHOEPRES to get an extra 20 percent off $100 shoes and accessories through Feb. 20.
● JCPenney: Get doorbuster deals both online and in stores Sunday and Monday. For example, get 50 percent off select styles of Xersion activewear for men and women, 25-30 percent off select styles of fitness watches and 45-65 percent off select styles of fine jewelry.
● Kohl’s: Cardholders can take an extra 30 percent off when shopping through Feb. 21. You can also get free shipping with the codes HUGS30 and FEBMVC at the online checkout.
● Macy’s: Both online and in stores through Monday, customers can get great deals on apparel items this Presidents Day holiday weekend. For instance, get 20 percent off select men’s and women’s watches, 50 percent off select women’s coats and 25-50 percent off men’s activewear from Adidas, Champion and the North Face.
● Nordstrom: Through Feb. 21, save up to 40 percent off select winter clearance styles for men, women and kids.
● Target: Get up to 25 percent off apparel, accessories and shoes with the promotional code PRES when shopping online this Presidents Day.
● Tommy Hilfiger: Use the promo code FEB4YOU15 to save 15 percent off your entire online order through Feb. 28. Also, get free ground shipping on all orders through Tuesday.
Appliances. Upgrade your kitchen with top-of-the-line home appliances at fractions of their regular prices this Presidents Day.
● Best Buy: Through Feb. 24, get up to 30 percent off major appliances such as refrigerators, cooktops, ovens, dishwashers, microwaves, washers and dryers. Best Buy is also offering free delivery on appliance purchases of $399 and more.
● Home Depot: Save up to 30 percent on appliance special buys such as refrigerators, cooking ranges, dishwashers, microwaves, washers and dryers. Home Depot is also offering free delivery on appliance purchases of $396 or more.
● Lowe’s: Get up to 30 percent off select major appliances such as a Whirlpool French-door refrigerator, KitchenAid dishwasher, GE microwave and Samsung gas range. These deals plus free local delivery and haul-away are available through Feb. 23.
Cars. Some of the year’s best deals on cars are offered over the Presidents Day holiday weekend, with deep discounts and excellent financing on many models. The deals listed below are from manufacturer sites using representative ZIP codes. Car sales may vary depending on your location.
● BMW: You can lease a 2016 BMW X3 for $399 per month for three years with $4,324 due at signing. BMW is also offering a superb financing deal for the luxury vehicle: 2.92 percent interest for six years.
● Chevy: A 2016 Chevy Traverse is available with zero percent financing for five years and $500 bonus cash. If you’d rather lease it, the Traverse is available for $269 per month for 39 months with $4,029 due at signing.
● Ford: You can lease a 2016 Ford Escape for as little as $169 per month for two years with $3,463 due at signing. You can also purchase an Escape this Presidents Day with zero percent financing for as long as five years.
● GMC: A 2015 GMC Yukon is available with zero percent financing for five years, plus up to $750 bonus cash if you finance through GMC. If you choose to finance through your own bank or credit union, you can take up to $2,250 cash back.
● Honda: You can lease a 2016 Honda Odyssey for $269 per month for three years with $2,499 due at signing or you can finance it with 0.9 percent interest for as long as five years.
● Hyundai: A 2016 Hyundai Elantra is available through one of the best Presidents Day car deals on the market: zero percent financing for six years and up to $1,500 bonus cash if you finance through Hyundai. You can also take up to $2,500 cash back if you choose to finance through your own bank or pay cash. And if you prefer to lease, the Elantra sedan is available for $169 per month for three years with $1,399 due at signing.
● Kia: A 2016 Kia Sorento is offered with zero percent financing for as long as 66 months and $500 bonus cash when you finance through Kia. If you’d prefer to pay cash or finance through your own lender, you can get $1,500 cash back. And if you choose to lease, the Sorento midsize SUV is available for $264 per month for three years with $1,999 due at signing.
● Mazda: The car manufacturer is offering great deals on a number of models this Presidents Day. You can lease a 2016 Mazda CX-5 for $229 per month for three years with $1,999 due at signing. You can also get a zero percent interest deal for a limited time if you finance through Mazda. If you prefer a sedan, the 2016 Mazda3 is available for as little as $159 per month for three years with $1,999 due at signing. You can also purchase the car with zero percent financing for a limited term.
● Nissan: You can lease a redesigned 2015 Nissan Murano for $289 per month for three years with $2,699 due at signing. The midsize crossover SUV is also available with zero percent financing for three years and $500 bonus cash when you finance through Nissan, or with $1,000 cash back if you finance through your own lender or pay cash. If the Altima sedan is more your style, Nissan is offering zero percent financing for as long as six years plus $750 bonus cash on its 2015 model. If you choose to finance through your own bank or pay cash, you can take $1,500 cash back. You can also lease the 2015 Altima for as little as $179 per month for three years with $1,799 due at signing.
Electronics. You can finally get that big-screen television set you’ve been eyeing for weeks with these Presidents Day markdowns.
● Best Buy: Get up to 25 percent off high-definition TVs marketed by the likes of Insignia, Samsung and Sharp. You can also get an Apple iPad mini 3 with Wi-Fi for $299.99, a savings of $300 from the regular price. A 128-gigabyte iPad mini 3 with Wi-Fi and cellular capability is also on sale for $429.99, a savings of $300 from the list price. Best Buy is also offering great deals on mobile phones. A variety of iPhones with 64 GB of memory are available for $99.99 with a two-year contract from either Sprint or Verizon. The iPhone 6S and 6S Plus are both on offer, and a 128 GB model is selling for $199.99. All come with free shipping. If you prefer Samsung phones, the Galaxy S6 edge and Galaxy S6 edge+ are available at $250 off for customers on a two-year activation plan with either Sprint or Verizon. These deals end Monday.
● Dell: The computer company is offering up to 42 percent off personal computers, laptops and other electronics through Wednesday.
● Sears: Get huge markdowns on all treadmills, such as the NordicTrack T 6.5S, which is going for $589.99, as opposed to its regular price of $899.99.
Furniture. Redecorate your home with these great deals on bedding, rugs, sofas and more.
● Ashley Home Store: Use the code AHSPRES10 to save up to 25 percent on sale items, and get an extra 10 percent off all sofas, sleeper sofas and more when shopping online this Presidents Day.
● Overstock.com: Get up to 70 percent off, plus 10 percent off bedding, furniture and rugs when you shop at the retail website this holiday weekend.
Mattresses. If you’re looking for more peaceful nights of sleep, check out these Presidents Day deals on mattreses.
● Kmart: Save big when you shop Kmart’s Presidents Day mattress sale, held in stores and online from Sunday to Feb. 20. For example, get a Serta Perfect Sleeper Hessel Ridge firm queen mattress for $297, regularly $349.99, or a Serta Perfect Sleeper Wandering Creek Eurotop queen mattress for $397, regularly $549.99.
● Macy’s: Through Monday, use your Macy’s credit card or savings pass to get an extra 10 percent off select sale clearance mattresses.
● Overstock.com: Save up to 70 percent off select mattresses and memory foam this Presidents Day.
● Sears: Save up to 60 percent and get free shipping when you shop the Sears Presidents Day mattress sale.