Prince Harry, one of the most eligible bachelors in the world, is reportedly keen to participate in “Take Me Out.” Paddy McGuinness, the host of the ITV dating show, said the 31-year-old prince wanted to be whisked away to the fictional island of Fernando’s for the TV series.
Harry even got invited to appear on the show.
— Take Me Out (@takemeoutuk) June 6, 2016
McGuinness added that Harry once asked him on a night out if he could take part in the show.
“We’re having something to drink in the evening and who do I bump into? Prince Harry. He walks in the room [and] he comes straight up to me and he goes, ‘I want to be on your show — I want to go to Fernando’s,” Paddy told BBC Radio One, adding he felt that the young British royal did not need any help.
The TV host said he and his friends were stunned by Harry's request. Paddy could not believe the British royal wanted to be on his show.
Harry’s request comes shortly after he admitted, while talking to the Times
, about struggling to find a girlfriend because of the scrutiny that surrounds his private life. He said that when he found a girlfriend, he would ensure that both of them were very comfortable with each other because their private lives would be invaded soon after.
Harry last dated model and actress Cressida Bonas, introduced to him by his cousin Princess Eugenie. They split in 2014 and he has been single since then. In an interview with Sky News in May 2015, Harry
said he would "love to settle down" and revealed his yearning for a family of his own.
“Take Me Out” features single men who choose a potential love interest from a panel of 30 women. The men then take their dates to the fictional Isle of Fernando’s, which is actually located in Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, in Spain, to get to know each other better.