- The Legal Implications Of Prison Guard Abuse
March 29 2013 6:45 AM
The high court unanimously ruled the U.S. government can be sued for federal prison guard actions. Does that include sexual assault?
- Supreme Court: Full Audio, Transcript of DOMA Hearing
March 28 2013 10:59 AM
Spectators believe the Supreme Court is far more likely to strike down DOMA than Proposition 8. Listen to the arguments here.
- What Could You Do With The Earnings of the Top 1%?
March 27 2013 4:04 PM
For starters, it could pay off student loan debts (at $26,000 each) for at least 631 people.
- Are All Married Couples Equal? [UPDATES]
March 27 2013 10:13 AM
Initial reports suggest the high court is leaning toward striking down the DOMA. Transcript available here.
- Gay Marriage In The United States - Told In Infographics
March 27 2013 5:50 AM
Why do most people say they oppose gay and lesbian marriages? Religion.
- Prop 8 Arguments Hint Court May Duck Same-Sex Marriage Issue
March 26 2013 10:47 AM
It appears the Supreme Court will not have a majority to either uphold or strike down the California ban. Listen to the arguments here.
- Can Collective Action Combat US' Mounting Student Debt Crisis?
March 26 2013 6:01 AM
Congress is not acting to fix the trillion-dollar student loan debt problem. A private startup has an idea, which hasn't convinced everybody.
- US Supreme Court Gay Marriage Case: 5 Things To Watch
March 26 2013 5:55 AM
The nation's high court will take on the constitutionality of both California's Proposition 8, and the federal Defense of Marriage Act.
- Michele Bachmann Literally Runs Away From CNN Reporter [VIDEO]
March 21 2013 11:13 AM
The former GOP presidential hopeful clearly wasn't ready to back up her allegations about the president's "lavish living" with facts.
- Despite Officer Cutbacks, NYPD Spent 1M Hours On Pot Arrests
March 20 2013 4:43 PM
Most of those arrested for low-level possession are either minorities or young adults.
- Rand Paul Makes Libertarian Case For Abortion Rights
March 20 2013 11:38 AM
The Kentucky senator implied banning abortion could undermine not only women's health, but doctor-patient confidentiality.
- Gay Marriage Isn't Legal In New Mexico - Or Is It?
March 19 2013 4:24 PM
Sante Fe officials argue the gender-neutral language in the state's marriage statute never outlawed gay marriage.
- How Sequestration Is Hitting US Student Loan Borrowers
March 19 2013 3:48 PM
While not huge, new fees will be hard to swallow for people who already devote about a quarter of their income to student loan repayments.
- Rand Paul: Illegal Immigrants Should Have A Path To Legal Status
March 19 2013 11:52 AM
However, Paul emphasized that Congress must take steps to strengthen security at the nation’s borders before opening citizenship.
- Twitter Doesn't Have Positive Words About An Anthony Weiner Comeback
March 19 2013 11:03 AM
It appears that the former congressman's Twitter sex scandal, and not his legislative accomplishments, have lived on in the public memory.
- Florida's First-Known Victim Of Election Cyberattack: Report
March 18 2013 3:10 PM
The more than 2,500 "phantom requests" for absentee ballots may have been intended to sway the 2012 primary election.
- How The GOP Is Already Shooting Itself In The Foot
March 18 2013 1:15 PM
The RNC report on why Republicans lost the election proposes a number of remedies, but Republicans on the ground are doing the opposite.
- Pelosi Questions Value Of Keystone XL Pipeline
March 15 2013 4:54 PM
House Minority leader Nancy Pelosi said the controversial project would not reduce U.S. dependence on foreign oil or create a substantial number of jobs.
- Fox News Ignores Man Who Shot Down Romney Campaign
March 15 2013 2:31 PM
The conservative media has been noticeably silent in the days following Scott Prouty's unveiling.
- Listen Here: Joe Biden Talks About Life As Veep
March 15 2013 12:09 PM
Get the story, directly from the vice president.