- Hong Kong Solidarity Rallies Scheduled Across the Nation
September 30 2014 4:12 PM
People from across the world are rallying in support of Hong Kong's Occupy Central protests. Here is a list of prospective demonstrations.
- Britain, Tear Gas Supplier To Review Policy After Hong Kong Sale
September 30 2014 3:37 PM
The review comes following backlash after Hong Kong police dispersed largely peaceful crowds with tear gas and pepper spray.
- Reddit Wants To Give Its Users $5 Million
September 30 2014 3:29 PM
Reddit planning a new cryptocurrency? You bet, after $50 million in fundraising.
- Algeria Identifies Frenchman's Beheading Suspects
September 30 2014 2:12 PM
The Algerian government has the identities of Hervé Gourdel's killers two weeks after he was beheaded by an Islamist group.
- Modi Pays Tribute To Ghandi Statue At Indian Embassy In Washington
September 30 2014 10:24 AM
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has found crowds chanting "Modi! Modi!" at almost every turn he's taken on his visit to the U.S.
- China To Foreign Diplomats: 'Stay Away'
September 30 2014 9:04 AM
China is telling diplomats to stay away from Hong Kong's Occupy Central -- the most ardent challenge to the government's authority in a decade.
- White House Supports Protesters In Hong Kong
September 29 2014 4:50 PM
The White House argued that democratic elections are essential for Hong Kong to remain an economic powerhouse.
- Netanyahu Rails On Iran, ISIS And Hamas At UN
September 29 2014 2:33 PM
The Israeli leader passionately defended Israel's campaign against Hamas over the summer and had choice words for Iran.
- What You Need To Know About Hong Kong's Occupy Central Protests
September 29 2014 1:46 PM
Hong Kong captured the world's attention over the weekend with its political independence protests. Here's what's happening.
- Hong Kong's Occupy Central Protests In Photos
September 29 2014 9:04 AM
Years of dissatisfaction over Hong Kong's governance exploded into massive protests across the city this weekend.
- Ebola Toll Surpasses 3,000
September 26 2014 4:50 PM
A U.N. $1 billion aid mission hopes to stem the tide at the thousands, but health experts say the toll could reach into the tens of thousands.
- Russia Risks Recession Amid Sanctions Over Ukraine Crisis
September 26 2014 3:37 PM
Sanctions and low oil prices threaten to bring the already slow Russian economy to a point of stagnation.
- What Are Foreign Terrorist Fighters?
September 26 2014 1:57 PM
Thousands of terrorists from around the world are fighting for militant groups such as the Islamic State group and al Qaeda.
- Taliban Kills 100 In Afghan Offensive
September 26 2014 11:04 AM
A 700-strong Taliban force overwhelmed local and national police this week and threatened to take control of a key province near Kabul.
- Thai Prime Minister Orders Less 'Divisive' Soap Operas Written
September 26 2014 8:57 AM
Thailand's prime minister, who came to power in a military coup, wants soap operas written about reconciliation and tourism.
- United Nations Will Deploy To Fight Ebola Next Week
September 25 2014 4:17 PM
Obama offered an impassioned plea to a meeting of ministers and leaders from around the world to contribute to the Ebola fight.
- Iran Blasts West For Extremism
September 25 2014 1:14 PM
“Today’s anti-Westernism is the offspring of yesterday’s colonialism," Iranian President Rouhani told the U.N. General Assembly on Thursday.
- Security Council, Chaired By Obama, Aims To Halt Terror Recruitment
September 24 2014 3:46 PM
The resolution requires states to combat terrorism domestically and prevent their citizens from leaving to fight for foreign terrorist groups.
- US Notified Syria Of Airstrikes, Syrian Minister Says Strikes Going In The 'Right Direction'
September 24 2014 2:27 PM
The Syrian Minister of National Reconciliation said the airstrikes are going in the "right direction" because the U.S. notified Syria.
- Russia 'Challenges The Post-War Order' With Actions In Ukraine: Obama
September 24 2014 12:45 PM
"Russian aggression in Europe recalls the days when large nations trampled small ones in pursuit of territorial ambition,” Obama said