- EU Warns Russia: Change Course In Ukraine Or Face New Sanctions
August 30 2014 5:29 PM
Van Rompuy says new sanctions against Russia will be drawn up within a week.
- First Openly Gay NFL Player Dropped
August 30 2014 4:48 PM
The first openly gay player to be drafted into the NFL was cut Saturday, but the league's other 31 teams will 24 hours to pick him up.
- Islamic State Sells Yazidi Women To Fighters As Brides
August 30 2014 2:50 PM
Yazidi women were forced to convert to Islam and then sold as brides of Islamic State fighters for $1,000 each, one report says.
- Lesotho Military Denies Coup, Says Capital Normal
August 30 2014 1:43 PM
Embattled Prime Minister Thomas Thabane cried, "Coup." But the military says it is not attempting to take power from him.
- Gaza Will Take 20 Years To Rebuild, UN Affiliate Says
August 30 2014 11:27 AM
One issue centers on the Israeli blockade that impedes the cross-border movement into Gaza of building materials such as concrete.
- What Needs To Happen Before Ukraine Joins NATO
August 29 2014 4:06 PM
Ukraine is looking to get back on track with its NATO membership, but it's not going to happen overnight, if at all.
- Ebola Spreads To Senegal With Guinean Man
August 29 2014 10:33 AM
Senegal's first case of Ebola virus disease has developed in a man from neighboring Guinea.
- Ukraine Will Seek NATO Membership, Says Prime Minister
August 29 2014 9:17 AM
The move is sure to rile up Russia, which is under increasing international pressure to end its direct support of pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine.
- UN Security Council Live Stream: 'Irrefutable Evidence" Of Russian Involvement
August 28 2014 2:29 PM
The international community decides what to do as NATO and Ukraine provide evidence of a Russian incursion into Ukraine.
- Ebola Could Infect 20,000
August 28 2014 11:14 AM
The World Health Organization is preparing for a potentially massive Ebola outbreak and is aiming to stop the disease by spring 2015.
- 'We Are Capable Of Protecting Ourselves'
August 28 2014 10:20 AM
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has confirmed that Russia has breached its borders and hinted at a possible international response.
- Scientists Can Change Your Memories (If You're A Mouse)
August 27 2014 10:51 PM
The best part about it? They use lasers to do it. The future has arrived, like it or not.
- Minnesota Town Sued For Denying Mosque Permit
August 27 2014 8:50 PM
Federal prosecutors say St. Anthony Village is discriminating against Muslims, but city officials say its simply a matter of zoning.
- New Front In Southeast Ukraine; West Accuses Russia
August 27 2014 6:53 PM
Artillery, troops and armor attacked Ukrainian forces along the Sea of Azov, from a position locals say could only be reached from Russia.
- 'Cops' Crew Member Shot And Killed By Police During Filming
August 27 2014 5:39 PM
The sound technician was shot in an Omaha shootout among three officers and a suspect carrying an airsoft gun. Police fired more than 20 rounds.
- Ferguson Council Meeting Put Off To Find Venue For Large Crowd
August 26 2014 3:59 PM
The Ferguson City Council urges residents "to move our community forward in a positive direction."
- Putin, Poroshenko Shake Hands At EU Meeting
August 26 2014 3:00 PM
The meeting in Minsk started off with an icy handshake between the leaders of Russia and Ukraine.
- ISIS Demands $6.6M For American Woman Abducted In Syria
August 26 2014 1:17 PM
The 26-year-old woman was abducted last year while on a humanitarian aid mission in rebel-held Aleppo.
- Iran Says It Is Arming Kurdistan To Help Fight Islamic State
August 26 2014 10:04 AM
Kurdish Peshmerga forces will now have weapons from Iran, as well as the U.S., Germany, France and Italy.
- Qatar: Whose Side Is It On?
August 25 2014 4:27 PM
The tiny kingdom may have just saved American hostage Peter Theo Curtis, but it's also believed to be funding terrorist groups.