Articles by Dennis Lynch
- Joe McGinniss, Author and Journalist, Dies At 71
March 10 2014 11:35 PM
Joe McGinniss, the controversial journalist and best-selling author of 13 books, died Monday from complications of prostate cancer at 71.
- Russians Move Beyond Crimea, Ukrainians Say
March 10 2014 11:34 PM
Residents of a village just north of the Crimea say the troops showed up last week and may have planted landmines.
- Colorado PSAs Warn Against Driving While High
March 10 2014 8:40 PM
Some smokers are mad because the commercials make them out to be incapable stoners, but at least these three commercials from the Colorado DOT are humorous.
- Colorado Reports $2M In Pot Taxes In January
March 10 2014 7:13 PM
The numbers are impressive, but aren't necessarily indicative of how much Colorado will yield in the long run.
- "Wild Bill" Guarnere of Band of Brothers Fame Dies at 90
March 09 2014 9:56 PM
The WWII veteran whose service was chronicled in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers has died at the age of 90 in his hometown of Philadelphia.
- US Sends Fighter Jets to Poland, Baltic States
March 09 2014 9:55 PM
Poland has 48 F-16 fighters but the Baltic states -- Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania -- look to NATO for serious defense capabilities.
- Flight MH370 Update; Murdoch Tweets On Terror
March 09 2014 2:45 PM
The search will continue in force after sunrise in Southeast Asia.
- Connecticut Bill Would Limit Noise Levels In Movie Theaters
March 08 2014 8:17 PM
A Connecticut bill being reviewed by a safety committee would limit the sound levels trailers and movies could play in theaters. Too much? Or a necessary move?
- New York Church Is Giving Away Free AR-15 Assault Rifle
March 08 2014 8:15 PM
An upstate New York church is giving away an AR-15 assault rifle in honor of hunters and gun owners who have been “viciously attacked by the antichristian socialist media and antichristian socialist politicians the last few years.”
- Are The Russians Hacking Ukrainian Networks?
March 08 2014 3:57 PM
What's behind the spike in cyberattacks by a sophisticated, Russian-language malware in Ukraine?
- Watch A Preview for Last Week Tonight, Jon Oliver's New Show On HBO
March 08 2014 1:29 PM
Who wasn't bummed when Jon Oliver left the Daily Show in December? There's good news though! HBO has released a preview of Oliver's new show on the network, called "This Week Tonight with Jon Oliver" and based on their newly launched Twitter feed it's going to be awesome.
- See Sevastopol From The Air
March 07 2014 9:18 PM
It's no wonder tourists seek out the Crimean city's warmth and beauty.
- NYC Measles Outbreak Has Officials Worried
March 07 2014 8:32 PM
16 people have tested positive for the virus in Manhattan and the Bronx.
- Ukrainian Base In Crimea Raided By Russians
March 07 2014 3:49 PM
Reporters on the ground say apparent Russian troops Friday broke into a Ukrainian Air Force base in Sevastopol.
- Here's How The US Solar Sector Fared In 2013
March 06 2014 10:23 PM
The report by Greentech Solar and the Solar Energy Industries Assoc. also predicts 26% U.S. solar market growth in 2014.
- Ukraine: 10 Twitter Accounts To Follow
March 06 2014 7:22 PM
With so much happening in Ukraine, it's hard to tell what's what. Propaganda and speculation are rife, so take a minute to look at these Twitter accounts.
- Ukraine Deadline Passes, US Cuts Back Russia Ties
March 03 2014 11:17 PM
A supposed "ultimatum" given to Ukrainian forces in Crimea has passed as the U.S. suspends some links with Russia.
- Medical Pot Bill Passes Georgia House
March 03 2014 9:05 PM
The Georgia House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed a bill that would allow a tightly-regulated and specific medical cannabis program to be established in Georgia. The bill now goes to the state Senate.
- Musistix Offers A Weekly Musical Analysis of Pop Music
March 03 2014 7:16 PM
Ever wondered what makes a pop hit? Or what's so refreshing and catchy about the latest number 1 pop hit? Musistix will tell you.
- Ear PC Is Demoed By Japanese Company NS West
March 02 2014 8:02 PM
Japanese machinery maker NS West has demoed a new wearable PC that can trigger commands based on your facial expressions.