Articles by Jamie Reno
- New Cancer Drugs Make Tumors Drug Resistant, More Aggressive
April 20 2014 1:08 PM
A popular cancer treatment makes cancer worse, but researchers believe they've found a remedy for that.
- Military Docs 'Medicating Troops Into Oblivion'
April 19 2014 12:23 PM
After the recent Fort Hood shootings, experts point to massive overprescription of dangerous drug cocktails.
- A Surprise Ruling On US Veteran's Toxic Chemical Claim
April 09 2014 11:46 AM
Steve House's disability case shows that the "VA’s story about toxic exposures to troops on military bases is starting to unravel.”
- Spike In MD Arrests Prompts Talk Of Medical Ethics Crisis
April 01 2014 2:45 PM
New York and New Jersey have had a rash of cases of medical fraud, which some say reflects a growing national trend.
- Toxic Residue: New Questions About Agent Orange
March 07 2014 2:12 PM
A new study may bolster the long-denied claims of U.S. veterans exposed to the deadly chemical well after the Vietnam War ended.
- Department Of Veterans Affairs And Congress Clash Over Suicide Charges
February 27 2014 2:12 PM
VA takes issue with the charge that suicides resulted from ignoring veterans' stated suicidal tendencies; a U.S. rep. disagrees.
- VA Ignored Veterans' Suicidal Tendencies
February 19 2014 3:42 PM
A whistleblower who suffered retribution has been vindicated by a Department of Veterans Affairs admission.
- Drug Companies Have Complex, Sometimes Fatal Relationships With Cancer Patients
February 07 2014 3:48 PM
Drug companies sometimes resist providing experimental drugs to terminal cancer patients. Here's why, and what it means to patients.
- Pharmaceutical Company Discontinues Lifesaving Cancer Drug Due To Disappointing Profits
January 31 2014 11:02 AM
One man dies after being denied access to an experimental cancer drug.
- White House Won't Reveal How Few Hispanics Signed Up For Obamacare
January 15 2014 6:29 AM
Is the Obama administration reaching out to Hispanic-Americans effectively?
- Hate Sarah Palin On TV? Or Worried About Human Trafficking? There's A Petition For That
December 20 2013 9:47 AM
Change.org, the online petition service, which was launched inauspiciously five years ago, has had stunning success in worldwide campaigns.
- Congressman 'Absolutely Shocked' By Secret Contents of 9/11 Report
December 09 2013 2:09 PM
The Bush administration locked up 28 pages of the 9/11 report that discussed the terrorists' links to Saudis. Now the public may get to see them.
- The Dark Side Of Street Racing Revealed By Star's Death
December 03 2013 11:10 AM
Police hope Walker's death will shine a light on an activity that's become increasingly prevalent since the 2001 "Fast & Furious" film.
- EXCLUSIVE: The VA Is Broken - Death, Medical Mistreatment And Worsening Woes At Veterans Affairs Facilities
November 27 2013 11:01 AM
Despite public outcry, anger in Congress and efforts to rein in the embattled VA, veterans care continues to worsen.
- What The Government Isn't Telling You About The Number Of Injured US Veterans [EXCLUSIVE]
November 01 2013 12:43 AM
The nation is nearing a million casualties in its Afghanistan/Iraq wars, but for some reason the U.S. has stopped releasing numbers.