- “Bacha bazi,” a centuries-old practice involving sexual enslavement of young boys, is to be outlawed in Afghanistan for the first time.
- The proposed outlawing of full-face veils in schools and government workplaces in Bavaria has been criticized as an election tactic.
- The Trump administration had been on the lookout for a new national security adviser since Michael Flynn was asked to resign last week.
- Lenin Moreno was edging closer to the mark needed to avoid a second round in Ecuador’s presidential election.
- President Donald Trump is set to issue a new immigration executive order this week.
- Americans are much more likely to doubt the religious sincerity of Christians who commit violence in comparison to Muslims.