- Ebola Fears Hang Heavy Over Lagos Tech Conference
September 22 2014 4:36 PM
Ebola fears, logistics hold back some entrepreneurs from Nigeria tech conference.
- Alibaba IPO: The Gift That Keeps On Giving
September 22 2014 10:47 AM
After Alibaba’s IPO broke records on Friday, investors and bankers are still feeling optimistic after the weekend.
- Is Exxon Still Drilling In Russia? It Depends Who You Talk To
September 19 2014 12:51 PM
Russia is denying reports that Exxon is pulling out of a massive drilling operation there in the face of sanctions.
- Ebola Economics: The Cost Of Fear
September 18 2014 5:21 PM
Experts say the fear of the disease is costing local economies more than what it takes to treat the disease.
- Yelp Settles Lawsuit Over Collecting Kids' Data
September 18 2014 11:27 AM
Yelp's mobile app reportedly allowed users under 13 to register without parental consent.
- Amid 'Pure Uncertainty,' A Relative Calm
September 17 2014 2:46 PM
Global markets have been spooked by the prospect of Scottish independence and the economic chaos that would ensue. But not anymore.
- New Data Shows Billionaires In Asia Are Getting Richer, Faster
September 17 2014 1:22 PM
With Alibaba's IPO on the horizon, new data shows that Asian billionaires are a fast-growing group.
- It Rode The Alibaba Wave. Now What’s Next For Yahoo?
September 15 2014 5:04 PM
Yahoo’s soaring stock boost probably won’t last after the Alibaba IPO, analysts say.
- Banks Warn Of Ruinous Scotland Independence, But Economists Undecided
September 12 2014 4:28 PM
The economic future of an independent Scotland will depend on what happens to its currency, which is still unclear.
- Rich Russians Skipping Vacations Amid Sanctions
September 12 2014 10:51 AM
You can't get to the French Riviera if your private jet won't take off.
- Obama's ISIS Plan Gains Republican Support
September 11 2014 11:23 PM
"The president’s made clear that he doesn’t want boots on the ground, well somebody’s boots have to be on the ground,” House Speaker John Boehner said.
- How HP Bribed Russian, Polish And Mexican Officials
September 11 2014 9:54 PM
Hewlett-Packard used shell companies, burner phones and “bags of cash” to bribe foreign officials, the SEC says.
- FEMA Asks Homeowners To Give Back $5.8M Of Sandy Aid
September 11 2014 9:01 PM
The disaster relief agency says some homeowners received improper payments after Superstorm Sandy.
- Ties To NFL? Critics Question Mueller's Objectivity
September 11 2014 7:42 PM
Activists call for Roger Goodell’s resignation, and question the ties that the investigator, ex-FBI Director Robert Mueller, has to the NFL.
- Sallie Mae Offshoot Navient Takes Charge Of Student Loans
September 11 2014 5:45 PM
After bad press for Sallie Mae, Navient takes charge of student loans.
- How Target Changed Since Its Holiday Security Breach
September 10 2014 6:05 PM
After hackers exposed the weaknesses of its system, Target has made some big changes.
- Chip And PIN Cards May Finally Catch On In US
September 10 2014 2:51 PM
After massive credit and debit card security breaches, attention has turned to the cards themselves.
- Data Breaches - Home Depot, Target - Are The New Normal, Experts Say
September 09 2014 4:46 PM
As hackers get smarter, retailers haven't kept up with some basic security measures, say experts.
- How The Home Depot Security Breach Was First Revealed
September 09 2014 3:31 PM
Investigative journalist Brian Krebs revealed the Home Depot breach a week ago, before the company publicly admitted it.
- Besides PayPal, What Other Companies Accept Bitcoins?
September 09 2014 10:44 AM
The global payment service joins a handful of high-profile companies in accepting the controversial digital currency.