- Even Law-Abiding Pot Growers Seeing Profits Go Up In Smoke Due To Legal Snag
October 01 2014 12:53 PM
Legal experts say it's a little like the Wild West when it comes to newly-legal pot industry in some states.
- Biotech Stocks Up On Ebola News
October 01 2014 9:45 AM
Stocks of theses pharmaceutical companies continue to soar on news of the first Ebola case in the United States.
- Pharmaceutical Companies See Stocks Jump After News Of First Ebola Case In US
September 30 2014 6:28 PM
Some stocks jumped more than 20 percent in just one hour.
- Can Afghanistan’s Minerals Save Its Economy?
September 30 2014 1:40 PM
Afghanistan has a trillion dollars worth of assets, but security and corruption concerns dissuade would-be investors.
- Why American IPOs Raised $41.7 Billion This Quarter
September 30 2014 11:49 AM
Tech companies like Alibaba led the increase.
- Bank Of America’s $4 Billion Accounting Mistake
September 29 2014 4:21 PM
The problem carried over for the past five years.
- USAID Wastes Billions Shipping Food, Report Finds
September 29 2014 3:34 PM
American food aid is one of the most expensive and inefficient programs in the world, spending more on transportation than the food itself.
- German Ebola Aid Plane Grounded For Repairs
September 29 2014 2:06 PM
Germany’s military has a few problems.
- How Will Sanctions Affect Exxon’s Bottom Line In Russia?
September 29 2014 12:00 PM
The Rosneft-Exxon partnership is stalled for now, but Russia’s Arctic oil is a long-term project.
- Underground Beer No Longer A Pipe Dream In Belgium
September 27 2014 9:29 PM
The founders of De Halve Maan have been brewing up this plan for a while.
- Where Chechen Fighters Fit Into The Islamic State
September 27 2014 8:46 PM
Experts say battle-hardened Chechen fighters joining the Islamic State pose a serious threat.
- Neurological Condition Possibly Connected To Enterovirus, CDC Says
September 27 2014 6:48 PM
Doctors are investigating whether enterovirus-68 can cause neurological problems.
- Former Ohio Congressman James Traficant Dead At 73
September 27 2014 4:02 PM
The eccentric Ohio congressman was famous for challenging authority and other things.
- Police Investigating Texas Softball Team Crash As Homicide
September 27 2014 2:47 PM
Four players were killed and 15 injured when a tractor-trailer plowed into the team bus on I-35 near the Texas-Oklahoma border.
- Why Is China Sending UN Troops To South Sudan?
September 25 2014 5:15 PM
China usually stays out of politics in places where it invests, but that seems to be changing.
- Need A Diagnosis For Malaria? There’s An App For That
September 24 2014 12:18 PM
That's just one of the most promising products launched by entrepreneurs in Africa at a startup conference in Lagos.
- Europe Criticized For Allowing Conflict Mineral Trade
September 23 2014 7:02 PM
As European politicians debate their conflict mineral policies, human rights groups look to the U.S. as a model.
- Why Arab Bank Was Found Guilty In Precedent-Setting Case
September 23 2014 4:21 PM
Authorities are getting tougher on banks whose don't know their clients.
- Ebola Fears Hang Heavy Over Lagos Tech Conference
September 22 2014 4:36 PM
Ebola fears, logistics hold back some entrepreneurs from Nigeria tech conference.
- Alibaba IPO: The Gift That Keeps On Giving
September 22 2014 10:47 AM
After Alibaba’s IPO broke records on Friday, investors and bankers are still feeling optimistic after the weekend.