Articles by Luke Villapaz
- Apple CarPlay To Add Aftermarket Support With Pioneer And Alpine
April 17 2014 3:56 PM
Apple recently updated its website to showcase two new manufacturers that will support Carplay in 2014, Alpine and Pioneer.
- South Korean Ferry Captain Apologizes And Faces Criminal Investigation
April 17 2014 1:28 PM
South Korean coast guard officials are currently questioning ferry captain, Lee Joon-seok, 69, as uncomfirmed reports claim he was among the first to abandon ship.
- Bluefin-21 May Be Reprogrammed For Deeper Search For Flight MH370
April 17 2014 11:21 AM
In order to thoroughly search the ocean floor for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, the Bluefin-21 may be reprogrammed to operate at a greater depth than 4500 meters.
- 6 Dead And 281 Missing After Sewol South Korean Ferry Sinks
April 16 2014 1:14 PM
Vessels and ships continued search efforts throughout Wednesday night after a ferry sank off the southwest coast of South Korea, leaving six dead and 281 missing.
- Holy Week Around The World In Pictures
April 16 2014 11:20 AM
With Easter Sunday fast approaching, Christians around the world partake in celebrations for Holy Week, the final week of Lent.
- Boston Marathon Bombing Anniversary Memorial In Pictures
April 15 2014 1:58 PM
One year after the Boston Marathon bombing, families and friends gathered together in memory of victims of the 2013 tragedy.
- Chile Blaze Aftermath In Pictures
April 15 2014 11:04 AM
While Chilean firefighters worked to get the Valparaiso blaze under control, residents began scouring through the remains of their homes.
- NSA Exploited Heartbleed 2 Years For Spying: Report
April 11 2014 3:42 PM
The revelation that the agency prioritized national security higher than Internet privacy will reignite the debate over the NSA's role.
- Heartbleed Bug Hits Cisco, Juniper Networks
April 11 2014 10:43 AM
However, major websites such as Netflix, Amazon.com and Google were quick to patch the Heartbleed bug.
- What To Do If You're Affected By The Heartbleed Bug
April 10 2014 2:13 PM
Heartbleed sent the Internet into a frenzy after it was publicly disclosed; here are some steps before rushing to change your passwords.
- Cherry Blossoms Blooming Around The World
April 10 2014 11:38 AM
As spring weather continues to warm up, the 2014 cherry blossoms season has begun, attracting visitors to parks around the world to see the peak bloom.
- More 'Black Box' Pings Detected, As Plane Search Continues
April 09 2014 12:48 PM
Australian Defense Vessel Ocean Shield reacquired signals consistent with those from aircraft black boxes in the narrowed search for the Malaysia Airlines jet.
- 5 Changes To Expect With Twitter's Redesign
April 08 2014 2:58 PM
On Tuesday, Twitter began rolling out its profile redesign to a small set of users. Here are five changes you can expect in the new layout.
- Divers Deployed As Hunt For Flight MH370's Black Boxes Continues
April 08 2014 11:43 AM
Divers were deployed to search for debris from Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, while families and friends of those on board continued to hold vigils.
- The Complicated Origin Of '2048'
April 08 2014 8:37 AM
"2048" has seen a meteoric rise in popularity on the Web and through the App Store, overshadowing the success of its predecessors, "1024" and "Threes!"
- Black Box Signals Raise Hope Of Finding Flight 370
April 07 2014 11:26 AM
The detection of pulse signals consistent with pings from a "black box" have given new hope to the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.
- 'Battlefield 4' Megalodon Easter Egg Found
April 04 2014 2:13 PM
After four months of searching for a megalodon easter egg in "Battlefield 4," the giant prehistoric shark has been found on the Nansha Strike map
- Clock Ticking On MH370's Black Box
April 04 2014 12:35 PM
With Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370's black box battery estimated to expire sometime on April 7, search teams have deployed towed pinger locators and underwater robots.
- From Exploding Cigars To Twitter: How US Tried To Topple Castro
April 03 2014 2:32 PM
The Twitter-like ZunZuneo seems to be just the latest line of attack in a 55-year campaign
- European Union Votes To End Roaming Charges
April 03 2014 10:53 AM
The European parliament vote overwhelmingly in support for regulations that will end roaming charges across the European Union.