- These Are The 4 LNG Export Terminals That Have Won US Approval
September 30 2014 3:19 PM
As of this week, U.S. regulators have approved construction of 4 facilities and nearly 10 more are in the pipeline.
- Oil Service Giant Pulls Workers From Russia On Sanctions
September 30 2014 9:19 AM
The Texas-based oilfield service and equipment provider could pull out about 20 top employees.
- Oil-By-Rail To Spur Major Traffic Jams
September 29 2014 4:21 PM
A new transportation report found the federal government isn't doing enough to address congestion problems.
- Anti-Keystone XL Concert Draws 8,000 Activists
September 29 2014 12:23 PM
The Sept. 27 event raised funds for activists groups that are fighting to block the Canada-to-Texas pipeline.
- Shale Oil Firm To Double US Exports In 2015
September 29 2014 9:25 AM
Pioneer Natural Resources says shipments from its Eagle Ford shale site could reach 50,000 bpd in 2015.
- Cities Take Lead In Battling Climate Change
September 27 2014 10:55 AM
“Climate change is an existential threat to New Yorkers and our planet,” Mayor Bill de Blasio says.
- Statoil Halts Tar Sands Project Amid Keystone XL Pipeline Delay
September 26 2014 10:25 AM
The Norwegian oil giant said it would postpone its Corner project in Alberta, Canada, for at least three years.
- A 'Frac Sand' Boom Is Sweeping The Midwest
September 25 2014 5:12 PM
Silica sand is one of many ingredients used in fracking -- and demand is soaring. But the process has health and environmental consequences.
- 'The Most Expensive Thing We Can Do Is Nothing'
September 25 2014 2:50 PM
The EPA administrator echoed voices at the U.N. climate summit that fighting climate change can spur economic growth.
- India Says Poverty, Not Climate, Is Its Top Priority
September 25 2014 10:48 AM
Developed nations, not emerging economies, should shoulder the burden for climate change action, India says.
- US Airstrikes Aim To Cut Oil Lifeline Of ISIS
September 24 2014 8:23 PM
The U.S. military said it was targeting 12 of the Islamic State group's "modular" refineries, which generate around $2 million a day.
- Climate Finance Pledges Face Scrutiny
September 24 2014 6:18 PM
Wealthy nations committed to give $20 billion for climate projects in developing countries, but ensuring how that money is spent is not simple.
- Global Coal, Oil Prices To Drop In 2015
September 24 2014 10:06 AM
As countries adopt strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, demand for the dirtiest fossil fuels could drop, Capital Economics says.
- US And China Must Lead Climate Fight: Obama
September 23 2014 4:44 PM
At the U.N. summit, U.S. and Chinese leaders both indicated their countries would set ambitious emissions reduction targets ... eventually.
- Act On Climate, Or 'Be Vilified'
September 23 2014 11:24 AM
Actor Leonardo DiCaprio gave the opening remarks at Tuesday's U.N. climate summit in New York, saying "humankind’s greatest challenge is now.”
- 6 Major Energy Firms Agree To Slash Harmful Methane Pollution
September 23 2014 10:18 AM
Methane, which comes primarily from natural gas, is even more powerful as a global warming pollutant than carbon dioxide.
- IKEA, Mars Join 100% Renewables Plan
September 22 2014 7:35 PM
The RE100 campaign coincides with a private-sector push to get governments to tax carbon dioxide emissions that cause climate change.
- 'We Will All Sink'
September 22 2014 5:37 PM
At the opening event of Climate Week NYC, U.N. chief Ban Ki-Moon urged leaders to accelerate action on global climate change.
- 'Greenest Building On The Planet'
September 22 2014 4:52 PM
Apple's Tim Cook spoke about the company's new HQ at a Climate Week event in New York City.
- Climate Change 'Has Already Arrived'
September 21 2014 11:01 PM
On Sunday, some 400,000 people marched along Manhattan's west side in what is being called the biggest climate change demonstration in history.