- Russia Sanctions Would Injure, Not Kill EU's Economy
July 22 2014 2:09 PM
Energy isn't the only weak point for Europe in dealing with Russia.
- NHL: Climate Change A Threat To Hockey
July 22 2014 10:48 AM
Climate change is affecting hockey players, the NHL said in the first sustainability report for a professional sports league.
- Maine Town Set To Block Tar Sands Oil Transport
July 21 2014 2:21 PM
The South Portland City Council is expected to approve a ban on exports of Canadian tar sands crude.
- US Natural Gas Drilling Feeding Oil Service Company Profits
July 21 2014 10:41 AM
A U.S. natural gas drilling increase in 2014 helped deliver strong second-quarter revenues to major oilfield service providers like Halliburton Co.
- Obama Calls For Ukraine Cease-fire, Confirms First US Death
July 18 2014 12:15 PM
President Barack Obama said MH17 was shot down by a surface-to-air missile in an area controlled by pro-Russian separatists.
- Obama Paves Way For East Coast Offshore Oil Exploration
July 18 2014 11:58 AM
The administration on Friday opened the East Coast to eventual offshore drilling by approving a technology known to harm sea creatures.
- As Climate Change Dries Out Australia, Government Scraps Carbon Tax
July 18 2014 10:38 AM
Prime Minister Tony Abbott led a carbon tax repeal this week, signaling a disturbing trend for international attempts to curb emissions.
- Obama, Putin Discuss Malaysia Plane Crash
July 17 2014 4:05 PM
The two world leaders had previously arranged to discuss the ongoing Ukraine crisis.
- Malaysia Airlines Deletes Teddy Bear Post After Crash
July 17 2014 2:50 PM
For a short time, the Twitter post of the Pilot Parker teddy bear appeared with news of the tragic Malaysia Airlines Ukraine crash.
- Eyewitness Photos Seem To Show Malaysia Plane Crash Wreckage
July 17 2014 1:04 PM
The images purportedly show fallen debris and gruesome carnage from the MH17 plane crash in Ukraine.
- Israeli Attacks Kill Three More Gaza Children
July 17 2014 12:40 PM
The death of three Gaza children brings the total number of Palestinian casualties to 234 people in the 10 days of fighting.
- Prepare For Climate Change? Not If House GOP Can Help It
July 16 2014 3:50 PM
The military says climate is a national security issue, but two House amendments would slash spending on climate research.
- White House Outlines Climate Initiatives For Local Governments
July 16 2014 10:21 AM
A White House climate change task force on Wednesday unveiled a slate of proposals to help localities prepare for global warming effects.
- California Pushes Conservation As Climate Change Looms
July 15 2014 5:23 PM
Climate change is expected to make droughts like California's worse and longer. Residents better get used to conservation, officials say.
- First Fracking, Then Earthquakes
July 15 2014 10:58 AM
Oklahoma earthquakes in 2014 are on the rise amid a fracking boom that scientists think might be partly to blame.
- LeBron Comes Home To A City That Already Felt Good About Its Future
July 11 2014 7:46 PM
LeBron James returns to a Cleveland where optimistic residents see a booming downtown and other signs of economic recovery.
- Exxon Fights Criminal Fracking Case
July 11 2014 11:03 AM
Exxon subsidiary XTO Energy Inc. is fighting with Pennsylvania's Attorney General over criminal charges related to fracking wastewater spill.
- Global Oil Demand And Supplies Rising, But Risks Are High
July 11 2014 10:07 AM
The Paris-based energy watchdog forecast growth in global oil demand and rising supplies from non-OPEC nations in its monthly oil market report.
- Female Execs Earn Less Than Men On Insider Trades: Study
July 09 2014 1:32 PM
New research suggests men earn more than women on insider trades due to the informal networks that male executives tend to build with each other.
- US, China Ink Carbon-Cutting Partnership
July 09 2014 11:15 AM
The world's two biggest carbon emitters signed eight partnership pacts during a Beijing summit this week.