- SeaWorld Trainers Can't Swim With Orcas Now
August 20 2014 3:02 PM
SeaWorld said it would drop its appeal of a workplace safety violation after the fatal killer whale attack on Dawn Brancheau.
- Tibet's Environmental Double-Whammy
August 20 2014 1:20 PM
While the "Third Pole" melts at an alarming rate, the region is also amidst a pollution crisis. A disruption of life for billions is at stake.
- Clear Solar Panel Could Turn Devices Into Power Plants
August 20 2014 10:47 AM
A "transparent solar concentrator" from Michigan State University joins a handful of fledgling "solar glass" technologies.
- 1,000 Quakes Rattle Iceland's Bardarbunga Volcano
August 20 2014 10:45 AM
Experts fear an explosion could propel a massive ash cloud into the atmosphere and disrupt global air traffic.
- Oversupply Of Solar Panels Is Fading. Will Prices Rise?
August 19 2014 5:21 PM
Global solar demand is catching up with supply, which could squeeze some developers and boost manufacturing.
- Yosemite Wildfire A 'State of Emergency'
August 19 2014 11:14 AM
The Junction Fire is the latest blaze in drought-stricken California.
- Last Month Was Earth's Fourth-Hottest July
August 18 2014 4:15 PM
The hotter-than-average July follows the hottest May and June on record, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration says.
- Natural Rubber Glut Shrinks Amid China Car Boom
August 18 2014 2:35 PM
Global rubber surpluses will drop by nearly 50 percent next year as producers temper their taps and China makes more tires.
- Australia Oil Find Could Ignite Drilling Boom Off Country's Northwest Coast
August 18 2014 11:26 AM
Reports of an Australian oil find of up to 300 million barrels in the Canning Basin could be Australia's largest discovery in decades and help offset iron ore collapse.
- Offshore Wind Farm Involved In Oil Spill
August 18 2014 10:31 AM
The dive vessel was carrying out routine inspection work when it slammed into a turbine at the Warley Offshore Wind Farm.
- 'This Could Happen Anywhere'
August 16 2014 7:00 AM
U.S. communities grapple with worries about pollution caused by farms and feedlots in the wake of the toxic water scare in Toledo, Ohio.
- Diesel Used Illegally In Hundreds Of Fracking Wells: Report
August 13 2014 5:35 PM
Fracking fluid disclosure forms indicate well operators injected diesel into 351 wells without getting Safe Drinking Water Act permits.
- Texas Toughens Up On Fracking
August 13 2014 1:20 PM
Regulators in the Lone Star State are proposing stronger guidelines for well operators following the recent seismic outbreak in North Texas.
- A Spoonful Of Climate Change
August 13 2014 11:24 AM
Kellogg joins a wave of major food and beverage companies writing climate change into its supply-chain management strategies.
- Keystone XL Decision Likely Delayed Until 2015
August 12 2014 12:23 PM
The Nebraska Supreme Court's decision probably won't be reached for three to six months, further stalling Obama's final verdict.
- Global Oil Demand Down As Global Economies Struggle
August 12 2014 12:14 PM
The International Energy Agency's monthly oil statistics suggest global oil demand in 2014 and 2015 will be lower than previously expected.
- Keystone Climate Impact Worse Than Estimated: Study
August 11 2014 10:35 AM
Obama's decision on the controversial pipeline decision hinges in part on the project's impact on carbon dioxide emissions.
- Oracle Sues Oregon Over Botched Health Exchange
August 09 2014 11:04 PM
Last year's Cover Oregon fiasco kept the Oregon health insurance exchange offline and led to paper filing.
- US Proposal For South China Sea Dispute Is Overlooked
August 09 2014 10:19 PM
China rejected Secretary of State John Kerry's call for a moratorium on provocative actions and denied any tensions in the disputed territory.
- Pro-Russian Separatists Call For Cease-Fire In Eastern Ukraine
August 09 2014 8:39 PM
Ukrainian troops started shelling Donetsk Friday, killing one person and injuring 18, rebels claim.