- NJ May Invest Pension Money In Fund With Ties To GOP Donors
September 16 2014 10:35 PM
Despite state "pay-to-play" rules, N.J. pension investment officials consider putting state dollars into a fund with ties to Republican donors.
- Pay-To-Play Probe: NJ Sells Stake With Ties To GOP Donor
September 15 2014 2:49 PM
The state Department of Treasury is reviewing whether the pension investment violated New Jersey's "pay-to-play" laws.
- Walmart Uniforms Hail From Jordan, Not USA: Report
September 12 2014 5:30 PM
Walmart has previously pushed to source more of its products from U.S.-based companies.
- Why Is Demand For Oil So Low? IEA Cuts Forecast
September 12 2014 9:05 AM
Paris-based International Energy Agency called the recent oil demand slowdown "nothing short of remarkable."
- ISIS Grip On Iraqi Oil Slips
September 11 2014 5:49 PM
U.S. airstrikes have forced the Islamic State to cede control of some Iraqi oil wells and refineries.
- Poles Say Russia Curbs Gas Flows Over Ukraine Crisis
September 11 2014 1:13 PM
Warsaw said the volume of gas from Russia dropped by 45 percent, though Russia's Gazprom denied it had cut supplies.
- New Russian Sanctions Threaten Exxon, BP Oil Ties
September 11 2014 10:07 AM
If enacted, the sanctions would bar Western oil and gas firms from working with Russia in the Arctic, deep seas or shale formations.
- Residents Near Fracking Claim More Health Problems, Study Says
September 10 2014 6:12 PM
The National Institutes of Health study is the largest independent review of fracking's impacts on nearby residents.
- House Blocks EPA Clean Water Proposals
September 10 2014 2:35 PM
House policymakers said the proposed rules represented a massive government land grab of the nation's streams, ponds and ditches.
- Atlantic Hurricane Season Hits A Muted Peak
September 10 2014 12:12 PM
Early El Niño indicators and "suppressive" climate conditions have subdued hurricane activity in the Atlantic.
- US Oil Output To Hit 45-Year High
September 10 2014 9:51 AM
Federal energy forecasters say the surge will lower gasoline prices and reduce U.S. fuel imports.
- Global CO2 Levels Are Hitting Record Highs: UN
September 09 2014 11:26 AM
The new data reflects the continued burning of fossil fuels but also a potentially disturbing trend in the way the planet absorbs CO2, scientists said.
- Sharp's Solar Sale A Sign of Company's Financial Woes
September 08 2014 5:48 PM
Analysts say talk of Sharp selling its Recurrent Energy subsidiary come amid record-breaking growth in the U.S. solar sector.
- Japan's Sharp Considers Selling US-Based Solar Subsidiary
September 08 2014 10:35 AM
The Japanese electronics firm already stopped its U.S. and U.K. solar panel production lines earlier this year.
- UK Lawyers Back BP In Deepwater Horizon Court Cases
September 08 2014 10:32 AM
British lawyers urged the U.S. Supreme Court to review its finding that BP has to keep compensating companies for oil spill damage.
- Rebooted Search For Missing MH370 To Focus On 'Seventh Arc'
September 07 2014 7:00 PM
Australian and Malaysian vessels will begin trawling the Indian Ocean in two weeks for signs of the missing jetliner.
- Reports Of Fresh Shelling In Ukraine Strain Cease-Fire
September 06 2014 8:04 PM
Witnesses saw plumes of black smoke filling the sky on Sunday morning, in a further test for a cease-fire that is barely 40 hours old.
- Al-Shabab Names New Leader After Deadly US Airstrike
September 06 2014 5:54 PM
The Islamist group, a wing of al Qaeda, also pledged to take revenge over the death of Ahmed Abdi Godane last week.
- Sierra Leone's Ebola Lockdown May Drive People 'Underground'
September 06 2014 5:27 PM
Doctors Without Borders warned that Sierra Leone's plans for a three-day house arrest could exacerbate the spread of the Ebola virus disease.
- 'Business As Usual'
September 05 2014 7:24 PM
BP's technology chief told Bloomberg Television that the Thursday ruling won't hamper its investment in deepwater drilling.