Articles by Mark Johanson
- Did Disney Cruise Line Let A Child Molester Go Free?
May 22 2013 5:52 AM
Disney Cruise Lines allegedly failed to report the molestation of an 11-year-old passenger in time for the attacker to be prosecuted in the U.S.
- Chinese Tourists Told To Curb ‘Uncivilized Behavior’
May 21 2013 5:35 AM
A prominent Communist Party official has twice this week warned Chinese tourists to use "polite tourist behavior" while abroad.
- Gold-Plated iPads And Other Lavish Hotel Perks
May 21 2013 5:34 AM
Burj Al Arab has pushed the boundaries of outrageous hotel perks one step further by issuing each guest their own gold-plated iPad.
- How To Get The Most Out Of The Sharing Economy
May 20 2013 6:00 AM
The sharing economy takes an idea most of us learned in kindergarten and monetizes it.
- Traveling Light? American Airlines Will Let You Board Earlier
May 16 2013 8:16 PM
American Airlines customers traveling with only one personal carry-on item can now board right after premium passengers.
- Australian Idyll: 18 Vie For ‘Best Jobs In The World’
May 15 2013 9:04 PM
Tourism Australia’s "Best Jobs in the World" campaign has been wildly successful, and just 18 finalists are left to vie for six dream jobs.
- Guess How Much US Airlines Made Off Bag Fees Last Year?
May 15 2013 7:20 AM
Thanks to ancillary fees for baggage and other items, the way airlines earn money is completely different than it was just five years ago.
- ‘Pope Tours’ Become Buenos Aires’ Hottest Ticket
May 14 2013 10:11 PM
The new "Papa Tour" gives visitors to Buenos Aires a chance to explore the city that fostered the man who would become Pope Francis.
- Can ‘Tourist Courts’ Make Thailand Safer For Visitors?
May 14 2013 7:31 AM
A series of high-profile crimes against foreigners has raised issues of safety in Thailand, but the government hopes "tourist courts" can help.
- Australia’s Capital Commissions $300K Balloon
May 14 2013 7:28 AM
Canberra, Australia, has commissioned a controversial $300,000 hot air balloon known as Skywhale in honor of its centenary.
- Chinese Investors Want Vineyards With Their Wine
May 12 2013 10:54 PM
Christie’s auction house will help wealthy Chinese snap up not just a fine bottle of French wine but also the vineyard it came from.
- Why Canada Gave Up On Marketing To American Tourists
May 10 2013 5:21 AM
Marketing to Americans is not worth the time, money or effort, according to the Canadian Tourism Commission.