Articles by Meagan Clark
- Europe Hopes For A Breather, Thanks To Nanotechnology
April 18 2014 8:18 AM
Mini sensors would detect the surrounding air composition in the home, office or car, with possible smartphone apps.
- Pakistan Focuses On Growing Energy Needs
April 17 2014 9:33 AM
About a dozen planned power projects may lessen Pakistan's energy shortage.
- Angola Moving Into Oil's Big Leagues
April 16 2014 5:37 PM
After decades of turmoil, Angola is on the verge of catapulting to the top ranks of the world’s energy economy.
- A New Fracking Concern: Radioactive Material
April 16 2014 10:45 AM
Radioactive waste from fracking has shown up in a small North Dakota town, opening a new chapter in in the debate over the controversial process.
- Defying West's Sanctions, Iran To Export Oil To Russia
April 15 2014 2:27 PM
Despite Western sanctions capping its oil exports, Iran is negotiating a deal with Russia to export up to 500,000 barrels per day.
- Fracking Blamed For Earthquakes In American Midwest
April 15 2014 5:43 AM
Ohio is requiring seismic monitors at drilling sites near faults.
- US, EU Drop In Science Research And Innovation
April 11 2014 4:11 PM
The drop in research funding that started in 2008 is decreasing the global leaders' research output - for the first time in a decade.
- The US's Frugal Consumer: A Fall In Prom Spending
April 11 2014 5:47 AM
The new generation of teens appears to care less about proms than their predecessors, or at least is not willing to spend quite as big.
- Another Small Victory For Tech Firm Geostellar's Crowd-funding Solar Marketplace
April 09 2014 1:43 PM
Geostellar has raised more than half of its $1 million goal in two weeks.
- The Next Generation: Solar Panels Made With Solar Energy
April 09 2014 9:28 AM
Talk about an innovative technology: Oregon State University chemical engineers have achieved a breakthrough that will reduce costs.
- What Biofuel Supporters Want From The US Government
April 09 2014 6:02 AM
As the EPA considers whether to reduce ethanol blend requirements, biofuel supporters say doing so would raise gas prices and carbon emissions.
- Iran: We're Not Waiting For US Permission To Boost Oil Exports
April 08 2014 8:52 AM
Iran plans to keep increasing its crude production and exports, despite U.S.-led sanctions against the effort.
- How Ukraine May Affect The Flow Of Kazakhstan's Oil
April 08 2014 6:02 AM
The Central Asian country has close ties to Russia but may consider a partnership with Iran to export its oil without Russian pipelines.
- Iran's 'Unfrozen' Assets Not Getting To Iran
April 07 2014 8:59 AM
Six world powers promised Iran financial relief for scaling back its nuclear program, but those unfrozen funds have yet to be withdrawn.
- Debate Over Energy Budget Promises To Get Over-Heated
April 04 2014 5:27 PM
As the controversy over the federal budget continues this month, the parties are split over energy policy.
- Amazon And Twitter Fail Greenpeace Report Card On Green Energy
April 04 2014 11:14 AM
Internet providers are greener than they used to be, but Amazon and Twitter are far behind, Greenpeace says.
- ExxonMobil Gets Transparent On Fracking
April 04 2014 8:12 AM
First, climate change. Now fracking risks. ExxonMobil's top executives turn a new leaf by responding to environmental concerns from shareholders.
- Pa. Landowners May Be Forced To Accept Fracking
April 03 2014 11:25 AM
An oil and gas company will test a state law that would force landowners to allow drilling under their homes if enough neighbors sign drilling leases.
- EU, Leading Manufacturers And Agencies Sign Plan To Make Hydrogen Cars Viable
April 03 2014 8:17 AM
Leading auto manufacturers, hydrogen fuel suppliers and energy consultancies are launching a fleet of hydrogen cars across Europe.
- US Energy Imports Lowest Since 1992
April 02 2014 9:14 AM
Oil and natural gas production fueled the decline in imports, while exports increased slightly.