- US Gas Prices Lowest Ahead Of Labor Day In Four Years
August 29 2014 1:57 PM
The average price at the pump is $3.45 per gallon, but prices vary widely by region.
- Brazil's Economy In Recession For First Time In 5 Years
August 29 2014 1:08 PM
Investment and government spending are falling as consumer spending remains weak in Latin America's largest economy.
- US Consumer Spending Fell 0.1% In July
August 29 2014 11:00 AM
Continued cautious household spending could hold back economic growth this fall.
- German GDP Stumbles On Fears Of Ukraine War
August 28 2014 3:15 PM
Falling German investment and trade with Russia is only partly to blame for the economy's recent faltering.
- US Economy Expands 4.2%
August 28 2014 8:45 AM
Stronger consumer spending and business inventory spending lifted the number after a harsh winter slowed the first quarter.
- Teen Retailers Struggle To Stay Cool
August 27 2014 4:27 PM
Sinking profits have Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle and Aeropostale trying on new looks -- and strategies.
- 'Wall Street Is In Crisis Mode' As Millennials Bet On Tech
August 27 2014 2:30 PM
Fewer college students are dreaming of getting rich on Wall Street and are instead envisioning jobs in tech and Silicon Valley startups.
- Ahead Of IPO, Alibaba Posts Huge Profit
August 27 2014 12:04 PM
The giant Chinese e-tailer is expected to raise up to $20 billion at its IPO on Wall Street shortly after Labor Day.
- Recession Looms For Russia
August 27 2014 10:49 AM
With sanctions and bans affecting key sectors, the growth forecast for 2015 has been halved.
- July's Durable Goods Orders Suggest Economy Is Stronger Than It Really Is
August 26 2014 10:43 AM
Record aircraft sales at Boeing boosted orders for American durable goods.
- Tweeting To Understand The US Economy
August 25 2014 10:35 AM
Using Twitter data, researchers have found a way to estimate employment more quickly and accurately than the government can.
- Five Takeaways From Janet Yellen’s Jackson Hole Speech
August 22 2014 11:38 AM
Here are the five biggest takeaways from Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen’s speech at the Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium.
- Janet Yellen Says US Economy Is Inching Closer To Federal Reserve Goals
August 22 2014 10:36 AM
Fed Chair Janet Yellen opened the Jackson Hole conference on Friday.
- Wall Street Banks Raising Salaries For Junior Employees
August 21 2014 11:26 AM
Wall Street is facing pressure to improve working conditions for junior employees after a banking intern's death last year, likely caused by his long hours.
- A Speech And Millions Of American Jobs
August 21 2014 10:45 AM
Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen's speech this Friday at an economics conference in Wyoming could have big implications for the U.S. economy.
- US Apartment Construction Hits 25-Year High
August 20 2014 10:51 AM
Apartment construction fuels less economic growth than single-family housing construction.
- Private Companies Outpacing Public Competitors
August 19 2014 3:03 PM
Recent research concludes that large, privately held companies are faring better than public companies.
- Prices For US Consumer Goods Rise Modestly In July
August 19 2014 11:07 AM
The weak growth in income signals slack in the labor market, or too many job-seekers eager for work to pressure employers to raise wages.
- Bitcoin Value Jumps More Than 8%
August 19 2014 9:09 AM
Bitcoin's price has been in a virtual free fall recently, losing about half the value it had last year. Today it has surged more than 8 percent.
- Brazil’s World Cup Hangover: A Shrinking Economy
August 15 2014 2:53 PM
June numbers from the central bank are the latest sign that Latin America's largest economy is slipping into recession.