- South Dakota's Portion Of Keystone XL Has Doubled In Cost
September 16 2014 8:41 AM
The revised cost estimate for South Dakota's portion, after four years of waiting for federal approval, is nearly $2B.
- High School Students Who Work Earn More Later
September 15 2014 2:38 PM
High school seniors who work part time earn more on average five to 10 years after graduation than their peers who don't work.
- Rising US Income Inequality Hurting State Tax Revenues
September 15 2014 9:25 AM
A Standard & Poor's report says that "when the economy operates below its potential, state tax revenues tend to suffer."
- Which Costs Have Climbed The Most For Americans In The Last 15 Years?
September 13 2014 4:13 PM
Health-care costs shot up by 85 percent and fuel costs more than doubled during the past 15 years.
- US Retail Sales Rose Broadly In August
September 12 2014 10:40 AM
Americans are spending more on discretionary items, showing they are more confident about their finances.
- Asian Stocks Have Longest Losing Streak In More Than 4 Years
September 12 2014 10:24 AM
Investors are weighing Russia's conflict with the West and a weakening Chinese economy.
- US Drugmaker Akorn Weighing Bid That Would Move Taxes Overseas
September 12 2014 9:11 AM
The deal would put Akorn on a growing list of U.S. companies that have reincorporated overseas for lower taxes.
- Apple Pay Could Entice Shoppers To Spend More
September 11 2014 4:37 PM
People using credit cards spend more than those using cash. The same could be happening with mobile payments, research suggests.
- Jobless Claims Rise To Highest Level Since June
September 11 2014 8:53 AM
The number of Americans filing for unemployment insurance increased last week.
- Wall Street Betting To Cash In On Apple Pay
September 10 2014 1:25 PM
At least nine major banks have agreed to pay Apple a fee to allow their customers access to its mobile payment system.
- Is Time Up For Luxury Watchmakers?
September 10 2014 10:19 AM
Apple's much-anticipated smartwatch launch on Tuesday is already shaking up the world of high-end timepieces — especially on Wall Street.
- NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo Heads For Second Term
September 09 2014 11:04 PM
Cuomo was challenged by a liberal law professor who accused him of being too far right for New York.
- In RI Governor Primary, Raimondo Wins Dem, Fung Takes GOP
September 09 2014 10:49 PM
Raimondo, the state general treasurer, would become Rhode Island's first female governor.
- Scott Brown Wins 2nd Chance For Senate Seat
September 09 2014 9:34 PM
Former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown has won the Republican nomination for Senate in New Hampshire. Could he help the GOP take the Senate?
- White House Doesn't Believe Sotloff Was Sold To ISIS
September 09 2014 6:50 PM
The U.S. has no evidence suggesting journalist Steven Sotloff was sold to the ISIS militants who killed him, as his grieving family claims.
- Apple Watch Not Smart Enough For Investors
September 09 2014 5:02 PM
Apple's multitasking watch didn't impress investors much, as the stock ended the day lower.
- Nearly All American Kids Eating Dangerous Levels Of Salt: CDC
September 09 2014 4:49 PM
Common snacks like pizza and chicken nuggets are responsible for nearly half of kids' sodium intake.
- For Black Women, The US Job Market Is Difficult Territory
September 05 2014 3:38 PM
And with many black women in service or government jobs, they are especially vulnerable to the sluggish U.S. economy.
- Many 'Missing Workers' Are Prime Working Age
September 05 2014 2:22 PM
The number of Americans who have exited the labor force is at a historic low.
- Just When The Economy Seems To Pick Up Steam ...
September 05 2014 11:44 AM
Unemployment dipped but that was largely due to Americans leaving the labor force, a troubling sign for the state of the economy.