- The Economy Is Better, But Policy Won't Change
August 22 2014 11:38 AM
Here are the five biggest takeaways from Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen’s speech at the Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium.
- Janet Yellen Says US Economy Is Inching Closer To Federal Reserve Goals
August 22 2014 10:36 AM
Fed Chair Janet Yellen opened the Jackson Hole conference on Friday.
- Wall Street Banks Raising Salaries For Junior Employees
August 21 2014 11:26 AM
Wall Street is facing pressure to improve working conditions for junior employees after a banking intern's death last year, likely caused by his long hours.
- A Speech And Millions Of American Jobs
August 21 2014 10:45 AM
Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen's speech this Friday at an economics conference in Wyoming could have big implications for the U.S. economy.
- US Apartment Construction Hits 25-Year High
August 20 2014 10:51 AM
Apartment construction fuels less economic growth than single-family housing construction.
- Private Companies Outpacing Public Competitors
August 19 2014 3:03 PM
Recent research concludes that large, privately held companies are faring better than public companies.
- Prices For US Consumer Goods Rise Modestly In July
August 19 2014 11:07 AM
The weak growth in income signals slack in the labor market, or too many job-seekers eager for work to pressure employers to raise wages.
- Bitcoin Value Jumps More Than 8%
August 19 2014 9:09 AM
Bitcoin's price has been in a virtual free fall recently, losing about half the value it had last year. Today it has surged more than 8 percent.
- Brazil’s World Cup Hangover: A Shrinking Economy
August 15 2014 2:53 PM
June numbers from the central bank are the latest sign that Latin America's largest economy is slipping into recession.
- Americans' Confidence In Economy Falls To 9-Month Low
August 15 2014 11:37 AM
Gasoline prices dropped and employment rose, but consumers aren't cheering yet.
- US Producer Prices Rose 0.1% In July
August 15 2014 10:34 AM
"There are no signs that inflationary pressures are building."
- Euro Zone Economy To Ramp Up In 2015: Economists
August 14 2014 3:25 PM
Though the euro area economy flatlined in the second quarter, forecasts point to growth in coming quarters.
- Americans Borrowing Less For Homes, More For Cars And College
August 14 2014 1:05 PM
The latest debt data from the Fed confirms a trend similar to the subprime mortgage market in 2008 that triggered the financial crisis.
- Wal-Mart Trims Earnings Outlook On Flat US Sales
August 14 2014 10:42 AM
The world's biggest retailer is fighting off a slump in the U.S.
- British Wages Are Falling Despite Economy's Growth
August 13 2014 2:40 PM
Though Britain's economy is growing faster than other nations', you wouldn't know it from Brits' paychecks.
- Why Worry, It's Just The Economy
August 13 2014 12:45 PM
With the least amount of concern since the 2008 recession, Americans are now turning their attention away from the country's economic woes.
- US Retail Spending Flatlined In July
August 13 2014 10:35 AM
U.S. consumer spending rebounded in the spring after a brutal winter slowed shopping. Now it's flatlining.
- Wage Gap Grows As New Jobs Pay Much Less
August 12 2014 4:28 PM
A recent analysis by the U.S. Conference of Mayors finds that jobs being created pay much less than the jobs added.
- Good News: People Are Quitting Their Jobs
August 12 2014 12:31 PM
The number of Americans quitting their jobs to find a better one fell during the recession and has yet to recover completely — until now.
- US GDP Forecasts Vulnerable To Second Polar Vortex
August 11 2014 3:24 PM
Meteorologists fear another arctic blast this fall, which could take the economy on a dive like we saw earlier this year.