Articles by Meagan Clark
- Chevron's Annual Analyst Meeting In 6 Charts
March 11 2014 11:11 AM
Chevron held its annual analyst meeting on Tuesday. Here are some highlights.
- US Homeowners Want More Energy Options: Survey
March 11 2014 10:37 AM
The survey shows strong demand for solar power, and if that endures the increase in solar deployment would continue.
- Sun's Energy May Have Influenced 1,000 Years Of Climate Change: Study
March 10 2014 1:10 PM
A new study suggests the sun’s varying solar energy output as a possible natural cause of climate change.
- US Regulators Find Safety Concerns At Nuclear Power Plants
March 10 2014 10:58 AM
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission recently released a startling annual assessment of the nation's nuclear power plants.
- Libya To Seize North Korean Ship
March 10 2014 9:53 AM
The North Korean-flagged oil tanker has docked at the port for several days.
- Why A US Nuclear Fuel Supplier Filed For Bankruptcy
March 10 2014 8:06 AM
The company hired to run the Megatons to Megawatts Program and oversee U.S. purchases of uranium from Russia filed for bankruptcy last week.
- Obama Energy Policy: Still 'All Of The Above'?
March 07 2014 2:47 PM
Oil and gas industry lobbyists are pushing back against the Obama administration's budget requests.
- With Public Comment Ending, Oil Industry Leader Urges Keystone Approval
March 06 2014 1:04 PM
The public comment period for the State Department's review of the pipeline ends Friday.
- 10 Quotes From Exxon Mobil CEO Tillerson To Analysts
March 06 2014 11:54 AM
Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson delivered remarks at an annual analyst meeting. Here are the highlights.
- What You Need To Know About The Geopolitical Power Of Natural Gas
March 06 2014 10:42 AM
"It’s critical for the U.S. to get serious about rapidly expanding U.S. exports of liquified natural gas (LNG) and lifting restrictions on U.S. exports of crude."
- Should The US Export Natural Gas To Ukraine, Europe?
March 06 2014 9:03 AM
Six applications have been approved to date. Here's a look at the process and the key decisionmakers.
- Decades Of Life Left In Bakken, Oil Producer President Says
March 05 2014 3:53 PM
Continental Resources president, Rick Bott, counters arguments that the Bakken shale oil boom is dying fast. Think "long tail."
- On Capitol Hill, Rail Safety In Focus
March 05 2014 1:13 PM
After a series of high-profile train accidents, a Senate subcommittee will discuss safety regulations.
- How Chevron Won Big In Its Ecuador Pollution Case
March 05 2014 9:07 AM
The judge's ruling: Lawyers representing villagers committed fraud, making a previous judgment against Chevron unenforceable in the U.S.
- What Infrared Light May Be Used For
March 05 2014 5:39 AM
Federico Capasso of Harvard is leading a team of researchers to engineer an innovative technology.
- More Bad News For The Keystone XL Pipeline
March 04 2014 1:06 PM
The State Department has previously cited studies by the environmental non-profit Carbon Tracker, which now says the department is understating the pipeline's impact.
- Here's How High Ukraine's Energy Risk Is
March 04 2014 11:47 AM
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Tuesday released the 2013 International Index of Energy Security Risk.
- Oil Industry Leaders Contest EPA's New Fuel Standard
March 04 2014 7:28 AM
It's not the first time the two interests have not seen eye to eye on public policy.
- One Ukraine Vulnerability: Natural Gas From Russia
March 03 2014 1:32 PM
What's more, Russia's threat to end natural gas discounts to Ukraine has the rest of Europe worried, too.
- Jittery Times For 8 Energy Companies
March 03 2014 10:30 AM
All eight companies have significant interests in Russia.