Articles by Michael Nunez
- Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson Leaves With $7M After 5 Months Despite Fabricated Resume
May 15 2012 3:14 PM
Former CEO of Yahoo Scott Thompson will be paid $7 million in bonuses for five months of work. He will not receive a severance package. Thompson is succeeded by Yahoo CEO Ross Levinsohn.
- Facebook Users Distrust Company, Apathetic Toward Ads [REPORT]
May 15 2012 11:59 AM
A new study revealed that most Facebook users do not trust the company to keep their information private. It also revealed that a large majority of respondents rarely interact with ads or other sponsored links on the site.
- GameStop Will Sell Steam Vouchers For $20, $50
May 14 2012 6:17 PM
GameStop, in an effort to push digital sales, will be $20 and $50 vouchers to be used on Steam, the video game distribution platform for Mac and PC games, at all of its U.S. retail locations.
- Twitter Launches ?Best Of Twitter? Email Newsletter
May 14 2012 4:28 PM
Twitter has launched a new email newsletter that will be delivered weekly. The email will include the most-shared stories from the users that a given person follows and some of the most engaging tweets.
- Mona Dotcom Wants $155K Mercedes Benz Back, Holds No Valid Driver's License
May 14 2012 12:21 PM
Mona Dotcom, wife of MegaUpload.com founder Kim Dotcom, was apparently spoiled rotten -- and now she wants her stuff back from the government.
- NASA Challenges Public To Build Apps Using Planetary Data System
May 14 2012 11:14 AM
NASA is challenging students, teachers, game developers and interested civilians to create web and mobile-based apps using data from the planetary data system.
- Silver Lake Partners Expresses Interest In Monster Acquisition: Report
May 11 2012 8:40 PM
The LinkedIn Corp. (NYSE: LNKD), the business-related social-networking company, considered buying online job-listings provider Monster Worldwide Inc. (NYSE: MWW), but decided against the purchase, according to Reuters. Meanwhile, the private-equity firm Silver Lake Partners continues to have interest.
- Kickstarter 'Pebble Smartwatch' Project Surpsasses $10M, Most-Financed Project Ever
May 11 2012 3:25 PM
The Pebble Smartwatch, a wrist watch that connects to mobile devices such as a smartphone or tablet, recently became the most-financed project in the history of Kickstarter, the crowd-sourced funding platform. As of today, the project has raised more than $10 million.
- Jimmy Kimmel ?Mom Of The Year? Award Won By Leather-Faced Tanning Mom, Patricia Krentcil [VIDEO]
May 11 2012 1:27 PM
Jimmy Kimmel awarded Tanning Mom the Mom of the Year award on his show. Then, there was a memorable acceptance speech.
- US Postal Service Will Not Ship Tablets, Smartphones Internationally Starting May 16
May 11 2012 12:20 PM
The United States Postal Service has banned the international shipment of tablets, smartphones and other devices that contain lithium ion, lithium alloy and rechargeable batteries. The ban goes into effect starting May 16.
- Amazon Colored E-Ink Kindle Could Be Coming Soon [REPORT]
May 11 2012 11:43 AM
Amazon could be launching a color Kindle e-book reader in the second half of 2012 according to a new report.
- Microsoft Bing To Include Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Quora, Other Social Networks [VIDEO]
May 10 2012 5:47 PM
Bing, the third most popular search engine in America, has been drastically redesigned. Even more shocking than the site's fresh new look is the new social media integration.