- US Government Shutdown Will Hurt Republicans In 2014, Poll Shows
October 16 2013 1:35 PM
The government shutdown is finally coming to an end, but the political fallout is just getting started.
- Report: Sensing Global Financial Shockwave, Boehner Sides With Senate Deal
October 16 2013 11:09 AM
The speaker will allow a deal to pass the House Wednesday with Democratic votes - one that will raise the debt limit and end the shutdown.
- New Poll Reveals Tea Party’s Alternate Reality
October 15 2013 3:08 PM
A majority of tea party Republicans do not believe the debt ceiling needs to be raised, ever.
- Republicans Try To Attack Vulnerable Dems On US Shutdown
October 14 2013 3:24 PM
Polls show the Republican Party taking the blame for the shutdown, but the GOP is trying to deflect it on to vulnerable Democrats.
- Values Voter Summit Yields Little Clear Guidance For GOP
October 11 2013 5:05 PM
When it comes to the U.S. government shutdown, social conservatives at the Values Voter Summit in D.C. on Friday were all over the map.
- Ted Cruz Gets Heckled, A Lot, At Conservative Conference
October 11 2013 10:28 AM
The Texas senator was interrupted no less than five times during his speech Friday at the Values Voter Summit.
- Conservatives Give Standing Ovation To Obamacare Fight
October 11 2013 10:13 AM
The crowd at the Values Voter Summit in Washington on Friday really loves the anti-Obamacare fight that led to the government shutdown.
- Republican Party Approval Rating Falls To Record Low: Poll
October 10 2013 7:37 PM
The Republican Party is primarily taking the blame for the shutdown - hitting its lowest approval rating in more than 20 years.
- US Default Deniers' Plan - Based On An Illegal Premise
October 10 2013 10:11 AM
Some Republicans argue the government won't default if the debt limit isn't raised, but their strategy requires illegal activity.
- Wyden Warns Of Sneaky Opposition To NSA Reform
October 09 2013 1:28 PM
Sen. Ron Wyden fears officials will try to codify the National Security Agency's sweeping surveillance programs.
- Republicans Already Won Round One. They Just Won’t Admit it.
October 08 2013 11:53 AM
Republicans demanding that Democrats cave on funding the health care law ignore the fact that Democrats already compromised on spending.
- Shutdown Splits GOP As Disapproval Of Party Hits 70%
October 07 2013 4:55 PM
Disapproval of Republicans in Congress grows while support of Obama ticks up, a new poll finds.
- US Supreme Court Could Cripple Unions In Major Labor Cases
October 07 2013 12:24 PM
As the Supreme Court's fall term kicks off, unions could face serious setbacks to their ability to organize and collect dues.
- Attack Ad Compares John Boehner To Wailing Baby
October 04 2013 1:24 PM
A Democratic group is using the shutdown fight to attack vulnerable Republicans ahead of the 2014 elections.
- Republican Party And Women - The Trend Is Not Its Friend: Poll
October 03 2013 6:04 PM
Rather than making up ground with women voters after the 2012 election, a new poll shows the GOP is headed in the opposite direction.
- Meet Ro Khanna, Silicon Valley's Favorite Congressional Candidate
October 03 2013 3:38 PM
Amid a government shutdown, a primary challenger says his economic message can break through the gridlock -- and he has powerful backers.
- 236 Industry Groups Beg US Congress To Fund Government
September 27 2013 2:54 PM
The Chamber of Commerce wrote all the members of Congress, urging them to pass a budget and raise the debt limit before they hurt the economy.
- A Brief History Of How US Debt Got So High, And Why We Care
September 27 2013 9:16 AM
The national debt may be a big political issue today, but it has rarely played a significant role in American life.
- In Political Giving, Men Are Way Ahead
September 26 2013 3:20 PM
Not only do men donate more in elections, but they also donate in larger amounts, a new study finds.
- Lessons From The 1979 US Default: It's Very, Very Expensive
September 25 2013 11:53 AM
The United States defaulted on its debt for a few weeks in 1979, and it cost the government billions of dollars.