- Utah Polygamy Ban Reversal ‘Bad News’ For LDS Church
August 29 2014 4:17 PM
In the wake of a recent ruling on Utah's polygamy ban, some Mormons worry about the effect on their church.
- The Game Recruits Hip Hop Artists To Create Ferguson Tribute Song, ‘Don’t Shoot’
August 28 2014 4:50 PM
The Game and ten other hip hop artists have created a tribute song to raise funds for the family of Michael Brown.
- Woman Dies At Burning Man After Falling Under Bus
August 28 2014 2:16 PM
A woman has been killed at the Burning Man festival in Black Rock, Nevada, after being struck by a bus, authorities said.
- Feminist Gaming Critic Facing Death Threats
August 28 2014 11:22 AM
Anita Sarkeesian has received death threats since her latest YouTube installment of “Tropes vs. Women in Video Games” went viral.
- Maker Studios Facing $19 Million Lawsuit
August 27 2014 5:46 PM
A former showrunner for Maker Studios, which was acquired by Disney, is suing the company for $19 million.
- Uber's Guerrilla Marketing Backlash: Will Lyft Get A Lift?
August 27 2014 4:04 PM
Amid reports of the ridesharing company's aggressive marketing tactics, social media users say they will use its competitor, Lyft.
- Will Date Rape Detection Nail Polish Prevent Sexual Assault? Critics Say No
August 26 2014 5:41 PM
A nail polish intended to detect date rape drugs has drawn criticism from feminist bloggers and anti-sexual assault groups.
- Black Celebrities' 'Silence' On Ferguson Criticized, Perhaps Unfairly
August 25 2014 7:11 PM
Some big-name figures have had nothing to say publicly in the wake of Michael Brown's death.
- Ice Bucket Challenge Parodies Mock Viral Campaign, And Some Are In Bad Taste
August 22 2014 4:52 PM
Memes that poke fun at the viral Ice Bucket Challenge charity campaign have begun to circulate online.
- Kentucky Firefighters Injured During Ice Bucket Challenge
August 21 2014 10:34 PM
Two Kentucky firefighters were injured Thursday after helping students from the Campbellsville University marching band participate in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
- One Of Universe's Oldest Stars Discovered
August 21 2014 9:31 PM
Scientists have found traces of one of the oldest stars in the universe, believed to be 140 times the size of the sun.
- The Final Email ISIS Sent To Foley Family
August 21 2014 6:53 PM
The full text of the last email sent to the parents of James Foley, a U.S. journalist killed by ISIS, has been released to the public.
- 'Imminent Threat': What It Will Take To Beat ISIS
August 21 2014 6:42 PM
Calling ISIS "an imminent threat" to U.S. interests, officials outlined the steps needed to vanquish the Islamic militant group.
- Why The Pentagon Disclosed Failed Operation In Syria
August 21 2014 5:23 PM
Defense Secretary Hagel said media leaks prompted the administration to disclose the attempt to rescue Foley and other hostages.
- ‘Simpsons’ Superfans Hunker Down For Epic Marathon
August 21 2014 1:17 PM
How fans of "The Simpsons" are prepping to watch the 12-day marathon featuring all 552 episodes of the beloved cartoon.
- DoNotLink ‘Hides’ Websites From Search Engines, Gains Popularity In An Anti-Clickbait Age
August 20 2014 4:45 PM
DoNotLink, a link shortener designed to block sites from ranking high in search results, is catching on among niche online communities.
- California Lawmakers Oppose Washington Redskins Name Change
August 19 2014 2:58 PM
California lawmakers voted Monday on whether the National Football League should change the name of the Washington Redskins.
- Christian Documentary Has Faith In 'Disruptive' Distribution Model
August 18 2014 5:46 PM
The producers of "Holy Ghost" are trying a novel distribution model for the independent flick.
- Homophobic Rant On Spanish Beach Goes Viral As Beachgoers Defend Gay Couple
August 05 2014 1:47 PM
An anti-gay rant, in Europe’s most gay-friendly country, backfires and makes national headlines.
- Dangerous Curves: Butt Enhancement Craze Expands To Black Market
August 05 2014 1:45 PM
As curvaceous figures dominate pop culture, some women are making illegal, and sometimes fatal, enhancement choices.