Ronda Rousey is taking her loss to Holly Holm in stride. The 28-year-old former women's bantamweight champion, who lost the title to Holm at the UFC 193 in November, addressed her defeat during her opening monologue on "Saturday Night Live."
"This is the first time I'm talking to my fans since I lost to Holly Holm in November, which by the way was a fight Holly deserved to win," Rousey said on the NBC sketch series. "And I just wanted to take a minute to sincerely congratulate her."
Rousey, however, did manage to joke about the loss telling the audience "That's enough!" as they erupted in cheers.
— Stallion (@gfmete) January 24, 2016
Rousey's loss to Holm marked the first defeat of her career. The two fighters were originally slated to fight again in July at UFC 200, but Rousey will be filming the remake of "Road House" around that time and won't be able to train and prepare for the match.
“The way I look at this one is, Ronda has worked her a-- off for us for the last three years,” UFC President Dana White previously told Yahoo Sports. “She’s been fighting, promoting and building the sport. If anyone deserves the time off, it’s her."
Even though a rematch date hasn't been picked yet, it's believed that Rousey and Holm will definitely face each other again this year.
Speaking to TMZ earlier this month, Rousey said she was open to trying to win back the title but said it's a decision everyone has to make together.
"They haven’t told me an exact date or location yet," she said. "But I’m kind of waiting to hear from them what options they’re going to give me.”