The rupee dropped for a second straight session on Tuesday in tandem with weakness in the euro, Asian peers and local shares as worries over global growth deepen.
* At 9:19 a.m., the partially convertible rupee was at 46.09/10 per dollar, weaker than Monday's close of 45.985/995.
* Intraday, the rupee is expected to move in 46.00-46.20 band, traders said.
* The euro extended its fall into a sixth straight session and floundered at one-month lows against the dollar as ongoing jitters over the global economy prompted investors to dump riskier assets.
* The euro was at $1.4080, down from $1.4122 when the domestic currency market closed on Monday, while the index of the dollar against six major currencies was at 75.214 points from 75.056 previously.
* The benchmark local share index shed over 0.3 percent in early trade.