Samsung's newly released Galaxy Note 5 has convincingly defeated the Note 4 and a slew of other high-end handsets in the benchmark testing score pertaining to the battery life performance, according to new reports. The new S-Pen stylus clad Galaxy Note 5 is expected to be made available in selected countries shortly.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comes with a relatively smaller battery capacity when compared to the well-received Galaxy Note 3. It is worth noting that while the Note 3 features a Full HD screen, the Note 4 comes with a power-hungry Quad HD resolution. But then, Phone Arena’s custom benchmark testing score revealed that the Note 4 is more powerful than the Note 3. In the same way, this year, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 has apparently trumped the Note 4 even with a smaller battery unit.
With the Galaxy Note 5, Samsung got rid of the microSD card slot and the removable battery. Out of the two missing features, the worry was more on the battery because the Note 5 houses only a modest 3,000 mAh unit, whereas the predecessor features a 3,220 mAh unit.
As it turns out, the Galaxy Note 5 was reportedly able to provide 9 hours and 11 minutes of battery life in the custom test. The Note 4, on the other hand, clocked 8 hours and 43 minutes. In addition, the Note 5’s score is much better when compared to the HTC One M9, Nexus 6, LG G4 and Apple iPhone 6 Plus.
However, the Note 5 was outperformed by Samsung’s own Galaxy S6 Active with a killer 3,500 mAh battery on board. The Galaxy S6 Active was followed by the Motorola DROID Turbo with a whopping 3,900 mAh battery unit. The Sony Xperia Z3 was on the third position.
Here is the list of high-end devices and the corresponding battery life scores:
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Active – 12 Hours 9 Minutes
- Motorola DROID Turbo – 10 Hours 42 Minutes
- Sony Xperia Z3 – 9 Hours 29 Minutes
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ – 9 Hours 29 Minutes
- Samsung Galaxy Note5 – 9 Hours 11 Minutes
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – 8 Hours 43 min
- Google Nexus 6 – 7 Hours 53 Minutes
- Asus ZenFone 2 – 7 Hours 34 Minutes
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus – 6 Hours 32 Minutes
- HTC One M9 – 6 Hours 25 Minutes
- LG G4 – 6 Hours 6 Minutes