The police who investigated Casey Anthony for the murder of her two-year-old daughter, Caylee, said today that they are assessing the threat to her safety upon release and police protection may be provided for Anthony when she leaves jail this weekend, ABC News reported.

Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings addressed the outrage over Anthony's not guilty verdict, and said the violent discontent has been directed at Anthony, her parents, the judge and the jury.

Our intelligence section is assessing the threats, said Sgt. John Allen, who assisted in the interrogation of Anthony at Universal Studios after she yielded that she had lied about ever having  working there.

A lot of people have strong sentiments about the outcome, but no one has the right to take the law into their own hands. ... I would hope people step back and, regardless of their feelings, not commit another crime, Allen said at a news conference.

And when Anthony leaves jail Sunday, Sheriff Demings said, We will assist in her departure from those premises, saying, furthermore, that if there is an overriding public safety need, they will escort her to her destination. They will not, however, be providing any elaborate protection for Casey once she leaves.

We're not going to be her personal security, Demings said.

Anthony was found not guilty last week of first degree murder in the 2008 death of her daughter, whose skeletal remains were found in woods near the Anthony family home. She was convicted on the lesser, misdemeanor charges of lying to detectives during the investigation, and for those she received the maximum sentence. But taking into account her credit for time served while awaiting trial and good behavior during her jail time, she will be released on Sunday.