U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Wednesday ahead of a Federal Reserve statement that will be scrutinized for an insight into the central bank's assessment of the U.S. economy.
* With the Fed likely to keep interest rates unchanged, investors will focus on whether the central bank will signal any change in a policy that has flooded markets with cheap money. The Fed's statement is expected Wednesday around 2:15 p.m. (1815 GMT).
* The U.S. dollar index <.DXY> briefly fell to a one-year low as speculators dumped the low-yielding greenback before the Fed decision.
* AMR Corp
* S&P 500 futures rose 1.9 points and were above fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration on the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures gained 5 points and Nasdaq 100 futures rose 4.75 points.
* Yahoo Inc
* Bank of America Corp
* Lawmakers who back Boeing Co
* Colon cancer drug Erbitux extends survival significantly in patients with a certain genetic profile, according to the final update from an international trial released on Wednesday. The finding is a boost for the drug sold by Merck KGaA
* U.S. companies reporting results on Wednesday include Bed Bath & Beyond Inc
* U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday, as investors bet the Fed will stick to its accommodative policy to foster economic recovery, boosting growth-sensitive sectors such as financials, technology and industrials.
(Reporting by Rodrigo Campos; Editing by Padraic Cassidy)