Stock index futures rose on Friday as an agreement in Europe for a Greece rescue package eased investor anxiety that fiscal instability would spread through the region.
* Euro zone leaders agreed on a second rescue package for Greece that could trigger a temporary default and would give a financial rescue fund broader powers to try to prevent a spread of market instability.
* Worries that euro-zone debt contagion could reach regions where U.S. banks have more exposure have pressured equities in recent weeks.
* Equities have also been pressured by the drawn-out wrangling to reach a deal to raise the U.S. debt ceiling. Efforts to avoid a U.S. default enter crunch time on Friday, with U.S. President Barack Obama and top lawmakers engaged in a sometimes chaotic drive to reach a sweeping deficit-reduction deal.
* Dow component General Electric Co
* Earnings reports from McDonald's Corp
* Microsoft Corp
* Advanced Micro Devices Inc
* S&P 500 futures rose 2.9 points and were above fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration on the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures added 36 points, and Nasdaq 100 futures put on 0.5 point.
* Apple Inc
* The U.S. Justice Department is looking into allegations a News Corp
* U.S. stocks climbed on Thursday as signs of progress on the U.S. debt talks and concrete action from Europe on its own debt crisis heartened investors.
(Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)