A Reddit user that goes by the handle "Imsorandom" apparently attended the CISO conferences held in Toronto recently. He stumbled on to an actual BlackBerry Priv handset and captured several impressive live shots with the device.
According to the Reddit user, a BlackBerry Executive attending the same CISO conference allowed him to play around the BlackBerry Priv, also dubbed Venice. The Reddit user apparently owns a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phablet as well. Comparing the Samsung device, he said that the Priv by BlackBerry is thinner than the Galaxy Note 5, even with a sliding keyboard attached to it.
He further added that the BlackBerry Priv comes across as smooth, fashionable and the keyboard is very likeable. The device has "full access" to the Google Play store, as rumored earlier. Speaking of design and display, the screen apparently looks stunning with a "high pixel density" and it flaunted rounded corners. The Reddit user also gave a final verdict by saying -- "I'm definitely interested in Blackberry again."
Meanwhile, the BlackBerry dedicated site Crack Berry said that accessories belonging to the Priv along with model numbers have surfaced online at a wholesale distributor’s site. A Canadian wholesaler named Direct Dial has apparently listed the accessories complete with color choices and "wholesale Canadian pricing."
Here is the list of accessories and model numbers:
- BlackBerry Priv Leather Holster - ACC-62174-001
- BlackBerry Priv Leather Pocket Black - ACC-62172-001
- BlackBerry Priv Leather Pocket Tan - ACC-62172-002
- BlackBerry Priv Slide-out Hard Shell Lagoon Blue - ACC-62170-002
- BlackBerry Priv Slide-out Hard Shell Military Green - ACC-62170-003
- BlackBerry Priv Slide-out Hardshell Black - ACC-62170-001
- Leather Smart Flip Case Tan - ACC-62173-002
- Leather Smart Flip Case Black - ACC-62173-001
- Sync Pod W/1.2m USB Cable - ACC-62175-001
- BlackBerry Priv Sync Pod Nest - ACC-62178-001