Eggnog hangover and a bulging waistline from too much roast beast are not the only danger to Christmas revelers this year.

The newest danger to Christmas joy is the ominous Christmas tree syndrome, according to a SUNY study obtained by Time magazine.

The ailment is caused by breathing in spores from the mold which apparently grows on Xmas trees, and it can cause wheezing, coughing, watery eyes, fatigue and other symptoms in those who have it, Time reported.

SUNY Upstate Medical University doctors and staff brought in branches from their own trees for the study, Time reported, and the Telegraph reports that another study showed that the number of airborne mold spores, which grow on the trees naturally, increases by more than 600% within two weeks.

But lead researcher Dr. Lawrence Kurlandsky reassured Time that if you and your children don't have any obvious allergies, then it is probably not going to bother you.

The magazine recommended that in order to avoid the syndrome, tree owners should wash their trees, throw them out after Christmas, use an air purifier in their homes, or just buy an artificial tree and avoid all the fuss.