- 4 Smart Ways Facebook Will Turbocharge Your Job Search
September 27 2013 12:04 PM
- Defund Obamacare Tweeters Slam Those Opposing Cruz
September 25 2013 12:08 PM
As Sen. Cruz filibuster continued, thousands of Twitter supporters beseeched their senators telling them to defund the Affordable Care Act.
- California Lets Minors Delete Online History
September 25 2013 11:31 AM
A new California law will give minors a clean slate as adults by letting them erase their embarrassing online history.
- Fake Ad Fools Iphone Users Into Thinking Their Phones Are Waterproof
September 24 2013 11:57 PM
A fake ad claiming that Apple's recent iOS7 update makes users' iPhones waterproof has apparently led a few to test the new feature, destroying their handsets.
- LinkedIn Denies Hacking Accusation
September 23 2013 2:58 PM
In a blog post, the senior director of litigation at LinkedIn says accusations directed at the network are completely false.
- Searching For Food Stamps? Here’s An Ad For Wendy’s
September 20 2013 3:20 PM
As House Republicans voted to slash the food-stamp program, Twitter searches for “food stamps” brought promoted tweets from SpaghettiOs, Campbell’s Soup and major restaurant chains.
- Privacy Concerns Push Some Away From Facebook
September 19 2013 2:31 PM
A recent study of 600 adults found that 48% cited privacy concerns as their motivation.
- What Does #WCW Mean? Women Crush Wednesday Trends On Twitter, Instagram, Facebook And Tumblr
September 18 2013 6:24 PM
The Twitter term #WCW stands for "Woman Crush Wednesday" and encourages social media users to share pictures of females they admire.
- Taliban Gains Twitter Followers After Claiming Assassination
September 18 2013 12:21 PM
The Taliban’s Twitter account gained followers and much ridicule after a tweet in which it claimed responsibility for killing an Afghan official.
- China's Social Media Crackdown Continues
September 18 2013 11:44 AM
Political experts are weighing-in on the implications of China's social media crackdown.
- Gun Lovers Lose Their Cool Over Henry Winkler’s Navy Yard Tweet
September 16 2013 7:09 PM
Former “Happy Days” actor Henry Winkler wasted no time politicizing the mass shooting in Washington on Monday, while pro-gun advocates fired back with political tweets of their own.
- The Life And Times Of Twitter On The Way To Its IPO
September 13 2013 1:19 PM
Here’s a review of the major events over the last seven years leading to Twitter’s IPO.
- 5 Things To Know About Twitter Before You Invest
September 12 2013 9:30 PM
Twitter filed for its highly anticipated IPO Thursday. But the new JOBs act allows details of the filing to be secret another three weeks.
September 12 2013 4:33 PM
- Facebook Shares Climb to Record High
September 12 2013 12:41 AM
The stock's new high is the latest milestone in a striking recovery following its weak Wall Street debut last year.
- Twitter Buys MoPub For $350 Million In Stock
September 10 2013 6:53 AM
Twitter acquired MoPub, a mobile advertising firm, fueling rumors that it may launch its own ad exchange soon.
- John Kerry’s ‘Unbelievably Small’ Consequences For Syria Comment Over Chemical Weapons Sparks Twitter Memes
September 09 2013 10:32 PM
John Kerry's "unbelievably small" consequences for Syria, if they did not give up chemical weapons, inspired Twitter memes on Monday.
- Facebook Introduces New Tools For Media Brands
September 09 2013 7:13 PM
Facebook is rolling out tools that let news organizations find real-time conversation data around certain topics and integrate it into coverage.
- Instagram Ads Coming Within A Year?
September 09 2013 3:49 PM
Instagram announced Sunday that it passed the 150 million monthly active users milestone. Now it is finalizing plans to bring ads to the platform.
- China Dispels Rumors By Releasing Top 10 Fake Online News Stories
September 07 2013 10:01 AM
The most recent development in China's crackdown on spreading news rumors online is a compilation of the country's top fake stories.