- Facebook Suffers Global Outage
June 19 2014 7:36 AM
Users took to Twitter to vent their frustrations and poke fun at the social network giant's brief breakdown.
- Twitter Adds Support For Animated GIFs
June 18 2014 9:01 PM
Twitter has added support for a much requested feature.
- Viral Ad Campaign Gave Voice To Anti-Redskins Fight
June 18 2014 4:25 PM
The “Change the Mascot” campaign didn't directly call for the cancellation of the Redskins trademark, but advocated against the use of the slur.
- T.I. Blasts Azealia Banks For Comments On Wife Tiny
June 18 2014 10:06 AM
T.I. took to Instagram to knock rapper Azealia Banks for negative comments she posted about his wife on Twitter.
- Everything You Need To Know About Facebook's Slingshot
June 17 2014 2:24 PM
Facebook introduced its new Slingshot messaging app, which aims to get more people talking.
- Britain's Spy Agency Takes A Page From NSA, Says Spying On Facebook And Google Is Legal
June 17 2014 11:48 AM
Charles Farr said that it's legal to spy on British social media activity because Facebook's servers are in the U.S.
- Supreme Court To Hear Facebook Threats Case
June 17 2014 11:25 AM
The Supreme Court has agreed to hear a case that could decide when social media threats become criminal.
- Is Ryan Gosling A Father? Facebook Hoax Claims Actor Adopted A Baby
June 16 2014 7:05 PM
Ryan Gosling fell victim to a Facebook hoax over Father's Day weekend.
- As Next Iraqi Net Crackdown Looms, ISIS Boasts On Twitter
June 16 2014 3:01 PM
The government is forcing Internet service providers to knock more of Iraq offline in an attempt to stifle ISIS communication.
- Miley Cyrus Seemingly Goes Topless For Equality
June 15 2014 11:58 PM
Miley Cyrus got around Instagram's censors on Saturday by covering her nipple with a cartoon bird, presumably for equality.
- Internet Access Reported Blocked Amid Iraq Turmoil
June 14 2014 7:59 PM
Iraq Internet outage appears similar to those instituted in 2011 during Arab Spring uprisings in Egypt.
- Facebook Nurses Wounds In War On Nipples
June 13 2014 6:22 PM
Revising a controversial policy, the social network now allows images of breastfeeding mothers, even if breasts are exposed.
- Storm Over Facebook Filtering Gains Strength
June 13 2014 1:09 PM
The National Hurricane Center joins a chorus of critics who say Facebook’s is becoming useless for real-time news.
- Facebook, Twitter Shut Down In Iraq Amid Chaos
June 13 2014 11:30 AM
While the ministry didn't give a reason for the shutdown, it's been speculated that the move is an attempt to stop militants from communicating on the Web.
- Facebook To Give Users Access To Advertising Data
June 12 2014 9:20 AM
Users will be able to change, delete or add to the information in their files, which will dictate what kind of ads they see on Facebook.
- Facebook To Allow Users To Edit Data That Generates Targeted Ads
June 12 2014 8:28 AM
"The goal is to make it clear to people why they saw the ad.”
- Meteorologists To Facebook: Stop Raining On Our Parade
June 11 2014 2:28 PM
As Facebook throttles the reach of non-advertising sites on its social network, weather forecasters say users are missing critical storm updates.
- PayPal Chief David Marcus Jumps To Facebook
June 09 2014 6:22 PM
The move spurs talk of how Facebook might profit from 12 billion messages daily.
- Chinese App Tracks Factory Pollution in Real Time
June 09 2014 5:41 PM
The app lets users pinpoint factories that are emitting excessive pollution, in an effort to pressure authorities and companies for cleaner air.
- Royal Reign: Twitter Reacts To Lil’ Kim’s Baby Name
June 09 2014 5:12 PM
Lil' Kim named her baby girl Royal Reign and set Twitter abuzz.