1. Whitsundays Islands, AustraliaAn archipelago of islands of various sizes off the central coast of Queensland, the Whitsundays Islands are a popular yachting destination. A remarkable, naturally formed heart-shaped reef in the island waters is probably why it's the tops the Cheapflights' list of places to propose marriage this year.
No. 5 United KingdomThe UK climbed two spots to No. 5 thanks to its cultural resources, large number of international fairs and events, and excellent human resource base.
3. Paris, France
There's much more to Paris than Eiffel Tower. If you want to propose marriage to your partner in Paris this year, think of the city's many Luxembourg Gardens, advises Cheapflights.
Juliet's House, Verona, ItalyRomantic by association if not in atmosphere, the Casa de Giulietta throngs with tourists eager to have their 'Romeo, Romeo' moment on its fabled balcony. The heaving terrace - which may or may not have been linked to a Juliet, who may or may not have existed - is attached to a humble 13th-century home, rumoured to have once been a brothel, now scrawled with amorous graffiti.
6. New Orleans, Louisiana, United StatesMembers of the Krewe of Rex parade down St. Charles Avenue during Mardi Gras in New Orleans, Louisiana Feb. 16, 2010. t's easy to fall in love with the famed city of music, according to Cheapflights that lists New Orleans as one of the ten places to propose marriage this year.
7. Agra, IndiaAgra in India is blessed to have the "monument of love," Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the world. Need we say more?
8. Granada, SpainThe Alhambra Palace in Granada, Spain, is one of the most romantic places in the world to propose marriage, suggests travel advisors.
9. San Francisco, California, United StatesA couple looks out at the fog-shrouded Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California Aug. 23, 2011.
No. 8 Canada (excluding Quebec)
Some 30 percent of Canadians outside of Quebec admitted to stealing from hotels. Favorite items to nab: magazines and books.
Exchanging vows, promising togetherness forever and proposing marriage at a romantic destination can be an experience of lifetime.
Just in a couple of days before Valentine's Day, online travel advisor Cheapflights has released its latest list of places ideal to propose marriage.
Check out the top 10 romantic destinations in the slideshow given below: