YouTube released its top 10 most-watched videos of 2011. The site surpassed one trillion views this year alone.
Who contributed the most to that number? Enter Ms. Rebecca Black, the singer of that catchy little ditty Friday.
2011 was a year of amazing new channels and new stars being discovered, awesome creativity, and of course, Rebecca Black, wrote Kevin Allocca, YouTube trends manager, in a blog post. It was also a year of powerful news stories playing out on YouTube, as people witnessed and documented uprisings and natural disasters, touching personal moments and moments of protest.
The top 10 count does not include videos from major music labels, but YouTube has graciously compiled that list as well.
Jennifer Lopez took the top spot with her music video for On the Floor featuring Pit Bull. Surely viewers tuned in to hear the song and not watch J.Lo writhe in a sequined body suit.
Check out the top 10 YouTube videos of 2011. Which one was your favorite?
10. Cat Mom Hugs Baby Kitten (38 million views)
9. The Force: Volkswagon Commercial (45 million views)
8. Born This Way Cover by Maria Aragon (45 million views)
7. The Creep (feautring Nicki Minaj & John Waters) (48 million views)
6. Look at Me Now Chris Brown featuring Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes Cover by @KarminMusic (50 million views)
5. Nyan Cat (54 million views)
4. Talking Twin Babies (58 million views)
3. Jack Sparrow featuring Michael Bolton (61 million views)
2. Ultimate Dog Tease (76 million views)
1. Friday Rebecca Black (167 million views as of June 2011)