- In one of the less surprising developments of the week, it turns out Al Gore is not a big fan of the U.S. electoral college.
- In a presidential campaign marked by an unprecedented level of negativity, journalists have not been immune -- and they've turned their acrimony equally on President Obama and Mitt Romney.
- We were fortunate enough to have some time with Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond where we discussed a broad range of topics from Scotland's ambitious renewable energy targets and North Sea oil & gas to Scottish independence and Donald Trump.
- A new super PAC called FightBigotry.com will "connect the dots to explain the one political vulnerability of President Obama that no one else has the stomach to bring up."
- Freedom and democracy don’t come easily to a land that’s known precious little of it over time.
- Francois Hollande, was mocked by his own French media for looking like a ?dwarf? while standing amongst Her Majesty?s Coldstream Guards regiment during his first official visit to London.
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush turns 66 today and though he has remained out of the public's eye his work with HIV/AIDS in Africa continues.
- In a 5-4 decision that shocked the country, the U.S. Supreme sided with the Obama administration and upheld the individual mandate provision of the 2010 Affordable Care Act. The decision's impact will be felt across the country, from small business owners to those without health insurance. It marks the latest landmark Supreme Court ruling that affects our daily lives.
- Joy Behar agreed to host an hour-long talk show on Current TV starting September, tentatively titled ?The Joy Behar Show,? in the struggling channel?s 6 p.m. slot.
- The question is whether, in light of growing human rights problems from China and Russia to the Middle East and North Africa, the United States is doing enough to factor human rights into its foreign policy.
Elizabeth Keadle: Meet Al Gore?s New Girlfriend, Will The Former Vice President Divorce Wife Tipper?Time to update his Facebook relationship status; Al Gore has a new girlfriend. Former vice president Gore, 64, is dating serious girlfriend Elizabeth Keadle. Gore separated from his wife Tipper in 2010 after over 40 years of marriage and four children. The announcement of a new girlfriend comes just two years after their split with no reports about a coming divorce.
- Jimmy Kimmel had the ballroom at Washington Hilton roaring with laughter at the White House Correspondents dinner, but the comedian had tough competition from another major speaker.
- Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, fell 3 percent after Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, and Barnes & Noble (NYSE: BKS) announced a new partnership to battle the iPad.