Articles by Chevron
- Brazil Oil Regulators Order Shut-In of Chevron Wells at Frade Field
December 01 2011 7:55 PM
Brazil's National Petroleum Agency ordered Chevron Corp to shut down one of its production wells after the country audited the safety of the U.S. company's operations in its offshore Frade field.
- Sasol Plans $3.5-$4.5 Billion Ethane Cracker, Ethylene Project in Lake Charles, Louisiana
December 01 2011 2:10 PM
Sasol Ltd. is planning to add a multibillion ethane cracker and ethylene-derivative project to its Lake Charles facility in Louisiana, in part to leverage on the rapid development of shale gas in North America.
- Bradley Happy to Emerge from Under Radar after Stellar Year
November 30 2011 4:16 PM
Since winning his first major title at the PGA Championship in August, Keegan Bradley can no longer prepare for tournaments in virtually anonymous fashion -- but he would not want it any other way.
- China to Embrace Fracking In an Effort to Ramp up Energy Production
November 30 2011 12:45 PM
China is leaving no shale deposit unturned in its effort to develop indigenous energy resources. On 24 November China's Ministry of Land and Resources geological exploration department head Peng Qiming said during a press conference that China's combined oil and natural gas output, 280 million tons in 2010, is projected to rise to 360 million tons of oil equivalent by 2015, a 23 percent increase in four years and will rise to 450 million tons by 2030, a 62 percent increase over 2010 produc...
- Chevron To Brief U.S. Authorities Following Oil Leak in Brazil
November 28 2011 6:26 PM
Chevron officials will have to prepare a briefing to the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement in the coming days following an oil leak earlier this month off the coast of Brazil.
- Petrobras Spilled More Oil in 2010 Than Chevron Did in Brazil This Month
November 28 2011 12:55 PM
A Brazilian newspaper said the state-controlled oil company leaked 4,200 barrels of oil, well above the 2,400 barrels leaked by Chevron earlier this month.
- Corrected: Chevron Named One of the Most Toxic Energy Companies of 2011
November 26 2011 2:32 PM
The public relations campaign at end of year 2010 is proving to be a hard one for U.S. oil giant Chevron Corporation. Faced with an oil leak, the suspension of its drilling rights and severe public backlash all in Brazil, the company has now been labeled the most toxic energy company.
- Sky Metalwala: Police Find ‘Items of Interest’ in Search for Missing Toddler
November 26 2011 4:30 AM
Police hunting for missing toddler Sky Metalwala reportedly found several items of interest while searching a park in Kirkland, Wash., last weekend. The items recovered on Nov. 19 have been sent to a forensic lab for analysis.
- Brazil to Probe Oil Contracts between Chevron and Petrobras in Frade Field Following Oil Leak
November 24 2011 2:37 PM
Brazil plans to investigate contracts between Chevron and Brazil's state-owned oil company Petroleo Brasiliero regarding the Frade offshore oil region to the northeast of the country where Chevron operates with Petrobras. The move follows an oil leak that saw the release of about 2,400 barrels of oil into the ocean.
- Brazil Suspends Chevron from Drilling in Brazil Following Oil Leak
November 23 2011 5:06 PM
Brazilian officials said the moratorium on Chevron will stay in place until the company can further explain and correct the conditions that led to the oil leak earlier this month.
- Chevron Reveals it Leaked 2,400 Barrels of Oil off Brazilian Coast
November 22 2011 7:34 PM
The company's calculation comes close to official estimates by Brazilian officials on Friday, which placed the leak at 2,600 barrels. Earlier last week the company said 650 barrels of oil leaked from the fissure on the ocean floor.
- Chevron Fined $27.6 Million for Brazil Oil Leak
November 22 2011 4:10 PM
Brazilian officials late Monday moved to fine Chevron Corp. over an oil leak off the coast of Rio de Janeiro, but there could be more to come.
- Chevron Takes Responsibility for Brazilian Oil Spill, May Face Fines
November 21 2011 10:11 AM
Chevron Corporation announced it is taking full responsibility for the oil leak that occurred off the coast of Rio de Janeiro two weeks ago.
- U.S. Stock Futures Signal Weaker Wall Street Open
November 21 2011 4:35 AM
Stock futures pointed to a sharply lower open for equities on Wall Street on Monday, with futures for the S&P 500, the Dow Jones and the Nasdaq 100 down 1.1 to 1.4 percent.
- Brazil: Chevron Oil Leak Larger Than Reported
November 18 2011 6:12 PM
As much as 300 barrels a day may have leaked from the seeps caused by the company's drilling, says Brazil's environmental protection agency.
- Shell Sets Record with World's Deepest Subsea Well in Gulf of Mexico
November 18 2011 10:42 AM
Shell Oil Company has set a world record in drilling and completing a subsea well 9,627 feet below sea level at its Perdido Development in the Tobago Field 200 miles southwest of Houston.
- Chevron: Brazil Oil Leak 'Reduced to Infrequent Droplets'
November 17 2011 4:27 PM
Chevron Brazil announced Thursday the company is actively cementing an appraisal well responsible for causing a relatively small oil leak.
- Iraq Moves to Cancel ExxonMobil Contract
November 16 2011 11:46 AM
The risks U.S. oil giant ExxonMobil took on when signing a deal with Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdistan region could be coming back to hurt them.
- Chevron Richmond Crude Unit Fire Out -Company
November 15 2011 1:23 PM
A fire broke out and was quickly extinguished Monday night in a crude distillation unit at Chevron Corp's 245,271 barrel-per-day (bpd) Richmond, California, refinery, according to notices the refinery filed with state and federal pollution regulators.
- Chevron Plugs Oil Leak in Brazil, Says Monitoring Shows 'Significant' Decrease in Seepage
November 15 2011 1:14 PM
Chevron Brazil officials say they have successfully plugged the well responsible for causing oil to seep through the ocean floor.