Articles by House of Representatives
- 'Occupy Wall Street, All Day, All Night,' Protesters Shout On The One-Year Anniversary Of The OWS Movement
September 17 2012 9:50 AM
Today marks the one year anniversary of the Occupy Wall Street movement, and citizens have come together once again, to be heard and to protest against the so-called one percent
- Rick Santorum: 'Smart People' Will Never Be On The Conservative Side
September 15 2012 7:09 PM
Former U.S. presidential candidate Rick Santorum railed against the alleged media elite, saying the "smart people" will never be on the conservatives' side during a speech at the Values Voter Summit in Washington on Saturday.
- With QE3 In Place, Republicans React Negatively -- But Keep Distance From Ron Paul
September 14 2012 4:09 PM
Ron Paul's campaign against the Federal Reserve had made some headway last summer, but even Republicans who dislike the Fed's decision to start a new round of easing aren't as drastic as him in attacking the central bank
- Rep. John Lewis, Civil Rights Hero, Sees Threat 'Sacred' Voting Rights [FULL TEXT]
September 06 2012 6:41 PM
Rep. John Lewis recounted the story of his beating during "Bloody Sunday" 1965 in Selma, and warned of threats to voting rights.
- Obama Campaign Previews DNC Acceptance With 'Promises Kept' Video
September 06 2012 5:18 PM
The video, released on Thursday, highlights the pledges President Obama has kept since entering the White House. But what promises hasn't he kept?
- Democratic National Convention Schedule: Who's Speaking And When On Wednesday
September 05 2012 1:52 PM
The Democratic Party's quadrennial nominating party is underway, and the days preceding President Obama's climactic acceptance speech are crammed with party luminaries and promising up-and-comers. After First Lady Michelle brought down the house on Tuesday night, here's a list of what lies ahead:
- 10 Things To Know About San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro
September 05 2012 10:58 AM
Castro, already being hailed as a rising star in the Democratic Party, gave a much-praised keynote speech at the convention Tuesday when he made his national debut. But he has been a prominent presence in San Antonio's Chicano community since his teen years.
- Israel Cautioned Against Attacking Iran By Former U.S. Intelligence Chief
September 04 2012 11:51 AM
Former U.S. intel chief Michael Hayden talks about the known-unknowns of an attack on Iran, questioning whether Israel had the ability to take unilateral action against Tehran.
- The Rev. Sun Myung Moon, Unification Church Founder, Mass Wedding Specialist, Friend To Presidents And Despots Alike, Dies At 92
September 02 2012 5:38 PM
The Rev. Sun Myung Moon -- a self-proclaimed messiah from South Korea who founded the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity, or Unification Church, businessman, convicted U.S. tax evader and friend of North Korea -- died at the age of 92 on Monday.
- Once, Republicans Supported Collective Bargaining, Mass Transit Funding, And Even Progressive Taxation
August 30 2012 10:59 AM
A comparison of past RNC platforms truly demonstrates how far the party has swung to the right.
- Republican National Convention Pays Tribute To Wisconsin Sikh Victims With Prayer; Many Dub Effort As Hollow
August 30 2012 4:05 AM
In a first of its kind, a Sikh American delivered the invocation at the Republican National Convention (RNC) Wednesday night, CNN reported.
- Court Voids Texas Redistricting, Finds Biased Intent
August 28 2012 9:19 PM
A federal court ruled Tuesday that Texas' redistricting maps discriminate against black and Hispanic voters, effectively killing the new districts before they could take effect for the November election.
- Meet Mia Love: Black. Mormon, Republican, And A Star In The Making
August 28 2012 3:08 PM
The congressional candidate and RNC speaker could be the first black Republican woman elected to the House of Representatives.
- GOP Convention: In Tuesday's Speakers, Different Faces Of The Party
August 28 2012 10:18 AM
One man has struggled to rein in a fractious tea party wing of his party, another harnessed those tea party-affiliated voters to become Mitt Romney's most formidable challenger, and the last could be standing where Romney is in 2016.
- ALEC Roster Shrinks As GE, Sprint, Western Union, Symantec, Reckitt Quit
August 27 2012 12:53 PM
Five more major companies said they had quit the controversial conservative American Legislative Council, a Washington, D.C., based body that lobbies for right-wing legislation such as “stand your ground” laws in state legislatures.
- Tropical Storm Isaac Could Upend Convention Meant To Unveil The Full Romney
August 26 2012 6:48 PM
Mitt Romney's official coronation as the Republican Party's presidential nominee will be delayed by Mother Nature, and it could be an obstacle for the big-picture goal of the Republican National Convention.
- Euro Leads, A$ Lags, but Confusion Reigns Supreme
August 23 2012 9:09 PM
True to form, markets continued to interpret a largely inconsistent set of directives overnight, with mixed macroeconomic feedback from both sides of the Atlantic providing little in the way of clarity.
- Todd Akin Is The New Face Of Ideological Conservatism, But His Campaign Cash Doesn't Back That Up
August 22 2012 11:11 AM
Rep. Todd Akin's pro-life comments thrust him into national recognition as the new face of ideological conservatism. But the six-term congressman has received a bulk of campaign contributions from the business community, not pro-GOP ideological groups.
- Rep. Kerry Gauthier Of Duluth Urged To Resign After Reports Of Oral Sex With Boy, 17
August 21 2012 12:21 PM
Minnesota State Rep. Kerry Gauthier of Duluth is being bombarded with calls to resign and end his re-election campaign after reports emerged that he had oral sex with a 17-year-old boy at a rest stop last month.
- Akin Remarks Illuminate Paul Ryan's Abortion Views
August 21 2012 11:31 AM
The Romney campaign has disavowed Rep. Todd Akin's controversial statement that women's bodies can terminate pregnancies caused by rape, but Mitt Romney's newly minted running mate has often aligned with Akin's positions on abortion.