Articles by Nancy Pelosi
- Student Loan Rate Vote In House
April 27 2012 11:15 AM
The student loan debate continues in Washington as the House plans to vote on a bill Friday that would keep interest rates at 3.4 percent for subsidized Stafford loans, instead of increasing to 6.8 percent on July 1.
- Bill O'Reilly Re-Signs With Fox: 10 Controversial Quotes From 'Factor' Host
April 25 2012 2:19 PM
Bill O'Reilly, one of the most controversial and most-watched figures in cable news, re-signed a multi-year deal with Fox News. Terms of the deal were not disclosed by Fox.
- Pelosi Slams GOP's 'Newfound Support' Of Supreme Court Power
April 19 2012 5:58 PM
It is interesting now to see Republicans' newfound support of judicial review after the passage of health reform under a Democratic president, said U.S. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.
- 'We Can't Wait,' Gay Rights Activists Say, Urging Passage Of Nondiscrimination Executive Order
April 16 2012 3:09 PM
A prominent Democratic donor has vowed to spend $100,000 on a campaign designed to pressure President Barack Obama into signing an executive order that would protect LGBT workers from workplace discrimination at the hands of federal contractors.
- Pelosi Predicts Supreme Court OK Of Health Care Law
April 04 2012 2:57 PM
Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, former speaker of the House of Representatives, said the Affordable Care Act was written in an iron clad way to withstand constitutional review.
- US Economy In Early 2012 - Has The Renewal Begun?
March 30 2012 11:09 PM
In a sense, a controversial radio talk show host, and former Fox News commentator, had it right: The United States could be headed for a major period of social unrest -- or worse -- but not for the reasons he stated.
- Five Social Conditions That Could Collapse The U.S. Economic System
March 30 2012 10:51 PM
In a sense, the controversial radio talk-show host and former Fox News commentator Glenn Beck had it right: The United States could be headed for a major period of social unrest -- or worse -- but not for the reasons Beck stated.
- House Democrats Release Progressive 2013 Budget As Counter To Ryan Plan
March 27 2012 12:31 PM
The 2013 budget, penned by Rep. Chris Van Hollen, would institute the Buffet Rule, while suspending emergency war funding and Bush-era tax cuts.
- US Senate Approves Insider Trading Bill
March 23 2012 6:16 AM
The U.S. Senate voted Thursday in favor of sending a bill to President Barack Obama which will ban insider trading by Congress members.
- Ban On CongressionaI Insider Trading Passed
March 22 2012 10:04 PM
The Senate Thursday voted overwhelmingly to send President Barack Obama legislation imposing new curbs on insider trading by members of Congress, even though the measure was weaker than a version it passed in February.
- Obama On Energy Policy, Gas Prices: GOP 'Stuck in the Past'
March 15 2012 12:30 PM
President Barack Obama responded to attacks made by Republicans about his energy policy, arguing that the GOP strategy to lower gas prices was ignoring the facts.
- Liberals Advocate Rights For Animals, But For Unborn Babies? No, Thanks
March 13 2012 2:46 PM
Liberalism, with all of its fringe groups taken together, is a very curious ideology.
- Sandra Fluke CNN Essay: Limbaugh, Others 'Cannot Silence Us'
March 13 2012 11:00 AM
The Georgetown law student criticized those who demonized and smeared me, an indirect shot at radio host Rush Limbaugh, who had called her a slut. Fluke said women and men from across the country have written to express support for her view that contraception needs to be treated as a basic health care service.
- Is Mississippi Racist, Toothless and Idiotic? Bill Maher Video Shows State's Beliefs [VIDEO]
March 12 2012 12:30 PM
Is Mississippi, the most conservative and poorest state in America, racist, toothless and idiotic?
- Nancy Pelosi Quotes From 'Women In the World Summit' 2012, Posted on Twitter
March 09 2012 7:15 PM
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D - Calif.) spoke at the 2012 'Women in the World Summit' on Friday in New York, urging women to take on more leadership roles in government and business, removing the influence of money in politics and advocating for women's rights in the health care debate. Some of the former House Speaker's most popular lines began popping up on Twitter throughout the day.
- Rush Limbaugh: A Much Needed Voice in a Mainstream World
March 07 2012 12:39 PM
Rush Limbaugh has incurred a slew of backlash for admittedly choosing two wrong words to characterize Georgetown student Sandra Fluke as promiscuous.
- A Plea to Ron Paul Supporters
March 07 2012 11:13 AM
Rumors are flying, and I’m certain they’re based on fact, that Ron Paul supporters are going to sit out the general election.
- Netanyahu at AIPAC Policy Conference 2012: Live Coverage
March 05 2012 7:52 PM
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will address the American Israel Public Affairs Committee Monday night at the pro-Israel lobby's annual gala banquet, just hours after he told President Barack Obama that Israel must be the master of its fate concerning Iran.
- Limbaugh Advertisers Continue to Boycott Radio Show After Sandra Fluke Comments
March 05 2012 9:36 AM
As of Sunday, seven companies have pulled their advertisements from Limbaugh's radio show after the conservative commentator called a Georgetown law student a prostitute and insisted she post online sex videos if she wanted free contraceptive coverage.
- The U.S. Dollar & Oil Hold Clues About the Future
March 04 2012 4:21 PM
The past few months have been a difficult environment for anyone that was bearish. The next few months may prove to be difficult for everyone regardless of directional bias. We live in a world where headlines can move the market in split seconds as high-frequency trading robots cause flash rally's and flash crashes regularly.